Every now and then I was looking from the rear view mirror but she must have noticed it and never looked at that side. After ten minutes I saw her eyes closed. She must have dozed off. I looked at Mukti who had a helpless "Mein kuch nai Kar sakthi" expression on her face.

It was a boring journey as Nandini was either sleeping or listening to music with her earphones plugged in. She didn't even get down to have food. So I had got her a burger and soda into the car. It's going to be tough this time.

After a couple hours we reached home. She silently took her bag and went to her flat. She probably kept her door open for Mukti.

"Nandu Tum jaao I'll come in a while .. Bhai ke paas hoon" Mukti said and came with me. It was already 10.30 by the time we reached home and I was very tired as it was a long drive. But I cannot sleep without talking to her.

"Bhai aap jao I'll sleep" Mukti said and laid down on the bed. I kissed her forehead and went to nandini's apartment. I didn't have the spare key I think it's in her bag.

I knocked the door but she didn't open. I took out my phone to call her. That's when I noticed a message from her

Goodnight Manik

I was sad. I should have thought once before saying those words. I just sat down at her door, Unknowningly drifted to sleep.

Next morning:

I felt the support behind me losing and I was falling back but then two hands held my back and made me sit straight upright. She was up so early and even got ready.

"Good morning" I said rubbing my eyes.

"Were you here the whole night" she asked removing her hands and I just nodded.

"You need some rest go to your room and sleep" she said and got up. I held her hand and stopped her.

"I am sorry" I said but I don't think that worked.

"Leave me Manik I need to go" she said . She was having her wallet in her hand. Wait is she going somewhere?

"Where are you going" I asked her.

"To the church. I'll be back in an 30 minutes" she said and walked away.

Church? She even goes to church? I decided to go behind her. I quickly ran out. I noticed I was still in last night's clothes.

"Nandini wait" I said as I saw her walking out the gate. She heard my voice and stopped.

"What" she asked plainly.

"You can't be this angry with me. You know my anger right" I said hoping that she would understand.

"Deal with it yourself Manik! I am not Intersted to involve in your issues" she said In a harsh voice and started walking again.

"Why is that so?" I asked walking behind her.

"Because I have known my limits" she replied.

Limits? What the? Ithni choti si baath ke liye?

"Isn't that a big conclusion for such a small thing?" I asked her.

"It must be a small thing for you Manik. But this is the thing I always feared of. I don't want to come between you both siblings Manik. And yes I am not coming to India with you. I m going to stay with Lakshmi Aunty. Meine Cabir se baath karli hain and my ticket is cancelled already. Have a safe journey and good luck for your concert" she said.

Before I could even react, I saw a car coming toward us, it was Matt's car.

"Bye Manik" she said and got in the car and like a fool I was standing there looking at her leaving.

What did she just say? Not coming to India? Cabirrrrrr... I called him up immediately.

M: kameene how dare you cancel her ticket without letting me know

C: she said she had some important work

M: usne bolaa Aur Tu ne maan liya

C: haan. She said it was important and you knew about it

M: she lied. I don't know about it

C: Manik Kya hua? Did you guys fight?

M: forget it! Use nai aana hain toh Theek hain.. I never knew Nandini murthy ko jhooth bolnaa bhi aatha hain .. Anyway bye

C: Manik sun

He tried to speak but I hung up. My potato lied? Meanwhile I got a call from a mukti.

"Bhai aap kaha ho? We are getting late. We need to start maximum in 30 minutes. Is Nandini ready?" She asked.

"It's just you and me. Get ready Mein aa raha hoon" I said and disconnected the call.

Agar Tum ziddhi ho Nandini, toh Mein bhi hoon... I went back home and Mukti was waiting for my answers. I told her about the call with Cabir skipping my conversation with Nandini.

"Bhai you should have convinced her. How can we go leaving her?" She asked.

"Mukti I think we're getting late. Mein jaldhee fresh ho ke aatha hoon and we'll leave" I said and went into the restroom.

After freshening up, I called Nandini again but she didn't respond. There's a limit Nandiniii!!!

We left for the airport. Boarding was in 30 minutes and I was still waiting for her even after knowing that she's not gonna show up.

 Boarding was in 30 minutes and I was still waiting for her even after knowing that she's not gonna show up

After 40 minutes:

We were the last ones to board and in no time the flight took off.

This is not right Nandini. You can't be so angry for such a small thing. It felt like my heart was left behind, after all his partner was there. Why would it come with me?

Hope you enjoyed reading ..

What next?

Let's see .... ✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️