{1}

The color blue represented sadness, depression, and loneliness. It represented having no-one to support you, and having nothing to make you happy. And my hair, it was blue. I've never dyed it blue, but I was born with blue hair. My parents thought that it made me an exotic beauty, as did the pack doctor. But when the Alpha saw me for the first time, he was disgusted. He declared me a freak, and I was to be shunned by the pack for the rest of my life. My parents didn't want to agree with this, and so they would sneak little treats in my room at night. Candy, chips, chocolate, soda--anything to make a suffering child happy. And it did make me happy, but there were also consequences to this.

I gained weight, losing the perfect skinny figure that all other female she-wolves had. It honestly made me even more of an outcast. Since I was only allowed to leave my room for school, I never was able to lose the weight that I had gained during childhood, and my original tanned skin vanished, leaving me with a pale vampiric skin tone. My eyesight was even hindered, which was unheard of in a lycan, so I had to get glasses. Without proper social interaction, I became incredibly shy and tense around others. After all, most of my encounters with other wolves left me with cuts and bruises, as well as a damaged self image of myself.

The only aspect of myself that I approved of was the fact that I was quite smart, but they even used that as a means of bullying me. Luckily, I had piles of fascinating novels to keep my mind from pondering over the problem known as my reality.

Unlike most packs, who would force their outcasts to become pack slaves and servants, I didn't have to do any of that. I was presumed too much of a freak to do even that form of work. No, I was forced to sit in my room, away from the other pack members for the remainder of my life. I didn't think that it would get any worse, but two weeks ago, the Alpha informed my parents that I had enough schooling, and that had been my breaking point. Tears streamed down my face at the thought of not finishing school. It was summer time now, and then it would be my senior year of high school. Why couldn't he allow me to finish high school at least?

Tears formed in my eyes as the event replayed in my mind repeatedly. Having an education was my ticket out of here, and it seemed that the Alpha knew it as well as I did. My radio was on in the background, playing a beloved song of mine.

"This ain't a song for the broken hearted," I heard playing from my radio, and it caused me to smile.

I leaned against my window, the only means of seeing the outside world, and I listened to the song in silence. However, my wolf wouldn't allow me peace of mind. She kept sensing that something was wrong in our pack's territory, but I could care less. If rogues were to barge in my room this very moment and kill me, I'd be totally okay with that.

Azura, something is really wrong. I sense something powerful and very dangerous. . .

"Yes, you do. And it's called this pack. Aqua, don't worry about it," I advised her, glancing at the outside world through my window.

I noticed one of our patrol wolves pacing around a particular area on the outskirts of the pack's forest. And he appeared to be very nervous, which was odd for a wolf his size. Suddenly, without any warning, another large wolf emerged from the forest, pouncing on him and breaking his neck with his powerful jaws. A gasp escaped my mouth, my wolf warning me that he was not apart of the pack. But from witnessing that attack, I didn't need her to inform me of the obvious.

A howl was heard, the howl of our Alpha. It was a warning to us that intruders had invaded our territory. It also signaled for all young males to shift and join rank for battle, as well as signaling for the elderly, women, and children to head towards the pack's bunkers. I wasn't allowed that privilege with the hopes that a rogue or enemy pack would find me and kill me, ridding this no good pack of their freak. I could hear my mom's sobs as my father and her reluctantly left me behind. There was a better chance of me surviving in this home than in the bunkers, where the women had a free right to kill me if they so desired to. My life was a hellhole anyways, and I even looked forward to the sweet release of death.

I could hear screams of terror, houses being ripped apart, and yelps of dying wolves. There was a blood bath occurring outside, and I wanted no part in it. My wolf was powerful, but this pack didn't deserve my powers. My parents even agreed with me, making me promise to only share my powers with the friends they promised me I would gain someday.

Suddenly, my window shattered, causing me to crawl away from the now open window and hide under my bed. A pair of wolves leaped through my window, shifting back into their human forms and trashing my bedroom.

"See anything valuable?" One of the males asked the other.

The other chuckled, sniffing the air. "Perhaps. I smell a young female in here, but where could she possibly be eh?"

I screamed when they both knelt down and grabbed me, dragging me out from underneath the bed. The taller man crushed me against his naked form, laughing at the tears that streamed down my cheeks.

"I like her hair, and look! Her roots are just as blue. Ya think that it could be natural? Her eyes are weird too," the younger and shorter male ranted, eyeing me with interest in his eyes.

My silver eyes glanced up at the male who was holding me. "Please, let me go! I hate this pack just as much as you do!"

"Oh really? Well, we'll just have to see what Alpha says. I think he'll like how. . .unique you look," he chuckled out, slinging me over his shoulders and jumping out of my window, I screaming in fear.

The shorter one glared at me. "For the love of Goddess, shut up!"

Fearing these men, I shut up instantly, shaking as I stare at the destruction around me. Numerous bodies lined the streets, and I noticed that the bunkers had been broken into. Every elder, woman, and child lay dead around the open bunkers, including my mother. I noticed my father, dead by my mother's side, his throat slit. A sob escaped my mouth, discovering that the only wolves in this entire world that loved me were dead, and they would never comfort me or smile at me again.

~.~.~.~.~.~

Hello, my mythical beauties! I hope that you all enjoy this story! It will be a bittersweet story, but do not fret. I never end my story with a sad ending.

If you enjoy this story, please vote, comment, share, follow, and spread the werewolf love around!