20

"Do you guys think this would be OK for the barbecue?" I held up a black aline short dress.

"Black? Hell no" Mia replied. Her, Becky and I were shopping like we'd planned.

"I still can't believe you're actually going. He actually had the balls to ask you"

"You're going to meet his family" Mia said.

"I know, I'm so nervous"

"They're the sweetest people, you'll be fine. His mum is literally the best and his dad is hilarious. His brothers aren't too bad on the eye either"

"Aren't you with Michael?"

"Not yet but even if I was, is it a crime to credit beauty?" Becky and I laughed at her words.

"What about this?" I pulled a creamy white dress from the rack.

"That's perfect. With some cute heels you'll look great"

"Perfect!" Becky practically squealed.

***

"Has Luke had many girlfriends in the past?"

"Why do you ask?"

"I don't know, I just wondered"

"Trust me, he hasn't. He's an awkward giant really. He's only confident around you, with us he's still awkward old Luke"

"Really?" She nodded.

"He had a girlfriend once, she fucked him up. She cheated on him the whole  time and was only with him so he'd buy her stuff. It broke him. He  genuinely liked her"

"Oh"

"He hasn't really liked anyone since but I guess you changed that" Mia smiled as she said it.

"Same for Maddie" Becky told her.

"My last boyfriend was a dick" Was all I said.

"I swear to god you and Luke are meant for each other" Mia said.

"That's what she said" I pointed at Becky.

"Becky, we're all going to the beach next Saturday. Did Maddie invite you?"

"Yeah, she did"

"So you coming?"

"Yeah, I am. As long as it's alright with all of you guys. I don't want to intrude"

"No, it's fine. I think you'll hit it off with Calum"

"Same here" I agreed with Mia. "Luke said the same"

"Guys, stop"

"And that's what it feels like to be ganged up on"

"You're lucky I love you bitch"

"You too sister" I replied.