14

"This diner's cute"

"Ashton worked here for a while so I used to come here all the time and get free food" I told him as we sat down at an empty booth.

"Hi, I'm Kiera. Can I get you anything to drink?" We turned to see a waitress stood at our table.

"Filter coffee please" Luke told her.

"Mango smoothie please" I said.

"I'll take your food order when I come back" We nodded as she walked off.

"What's good here? I'm assuming you know" Luke asked.

"The buttermilk pecan pancakes with banana with eggs and bacon"

"I think I'll have the normal breakfast"

"Make sure you get the pancakes with it"

"It comes with pancakes. I'm assuming pancakes are their speciality"

"We've won awards" The waitress said as she appeared by us again. She put our drinks down before taking our orders and walking off again.

"She seems nice" Luke nodded in agreement. "So, what's the meaning of taking me out?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like, I don't know. It's awkward"

"Between us?"

"No, that's not what I meant. It's awkward to talk about what we need too"

"Which is?"

"What we're doing"

"We're about to get breakfast"

"Not that. Like what's going on between us"

"What do you want to be happening?"

"That's the question that makes it awkward"

"Personally, I think we both kind of like one another but we should just hang out for a while and if it ends up in us making out so be it"

"I'm OK with that"

"You sure?"

"Positive"

"Because I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable"

"Luke, shut up and drink your weak ass filter coffee" He smirked before doing as I said. Our food soon came and we immediately started eating. Neither of us spoke, both of us concentrating on eating. I pulled out my phone and quickly snapped a picture of Luke.

"Did you just take a photo of me?"

"Maybe. What's your Instagram?"

"No"

"Tell me"

"lukehemmings. All lower case and no space" I nodded before typing on my phone. "You tagged me?" He asked as he got a notification.

"You're the one in the photo, people need to know who you are"

"I hate you" I just smirked as I ate a piece of banana. "So this is a date now?" It was his turn to smirk as he questioned what I'd classed this as.

"I hate you too"