FOOD FOR THOUGHT

She came to their room humming a tune. Lost in her own world she walked towards them. She didn't notice they were watching her.

"Didi, what has happened to her?" A voice murmured.

"Exactly didi she went off like a wind and has come back like a snail." The other voice joined in.

Sita wasn't wrong. Her sisters observed what she already had. That confirmed her doubts.

"Didi am worried about her. Look at her. She was never like this."

They were right. Their sister was lost. Her mind was somewhere. She went near the table where the vase was. She loved flowers. Mithila knew it. She replaced the old ones with the new bunch that she had got.

Her sisters raised their toes to see what kind of flowers were they.

"Lotus"

"No, lilies"

"No, jasmine"

"Its a bunch of roses"

"Shut up", Sita ordered her sisters.

A similar scene was witnessed at the ashram. The brothers were curious at his condition.

"What can it be ram bhaiyya?" A voice whispered.

"Did anyone attack on him? If that's the case am not going to leave that person", the other voice roared even under the breath.

" keep quiet both of you", ram instructed.

"Let me think something".

Ram began pacing the length of the small room.

Meanwhile their brother was lost in something.

" what is it? "

"Seems like an earthen vessel"

"Look at the way he's watching it. As if he has never seen smthn like this"

"Strange!! He was always the alert types. We are watching him from the time he returned and he isn't aware of it. That is super strange."

Ram heard his brother chuckle behind him.

"What the hell is wrong with you man?"

"Nthn", he replied.

" I just thought he's watching that pot so intently as if it were a girl's face "

Ram's brothers giggled at this.

"What happened bhaiyya? You didn't find it funny?"

Ram didn't say anything. But his eyes had a spark that didn't go unnoticed.

"So you really think our brother has slipped?".

Ram nodded.

" Gravity makes you fall", ram laughed loudly which startled their brother so much that the pot fell down and broke into pieces.

Making a puppy face he came to ram.

"What happened bhaiyya? Why did laugh so loud? See even my pot broke hearing your voice"

"So you mean to say I broke it?" Ram questioned him lifting his eyebrows.

"No I didn't mean it that way bhaiyya"

"So what way did you think it dear?" Jumped in the other two.

"See you all are troubling me now."

"We are not bullying you. We juz wanna know did you do what you were asked to?", Ram calmed down his younger one.

" what was I supposed to do?"

The other two slapped their foreheads.

" I told you ram bhaiyya he won't do it. It would have been better if you would have sent me"

"Mmmchhh. Keep quiet." Ram put his complaints to rest.

Turning around to the fellow who seemed to have cried buckets for the broken pot ( his sullen face was enough to tell it)

Ram (suppressing his giggle): you really don't remember what you had to do?

"No bhaiyya", the younger one stood there rolling his eyes.

" impossible ", chorused the two from behind.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT