4

The school week was passing fast and nothing remotely eventful had occurred since Lauren's first day. She'd noticed however, an obvious change in Camila's behaviour. Teacher Camila would barely send Lauren a glance, but at home she acted completely comfortable. They talked every night about what Lauren's home life was like.

Camila didn't entirely understand why Lauren had to go to the lengths of moving out but Lauren knew that Camila probably would never get it because she never had to experience it with her parents.

They were currently sitting on the sofa not paying attention to whatever was on television. Lauren had a question she was dying to ask but didn't know whether it was too personal. It was a Thursday night and she'd only have to survive one more day of school for the week and then the weekend would be spent in the apartment; most likely with Camila.

"Hey..." Lauren drew out the word and turned her body to face her roommate.

"Yes Lauren?" Camila asked in a teasing fashion as if she could sense the younger girl's curiosity.

"So like, when and how did you and Charlie meet?"

Camila breathed out a laugh and peered down, beginning to play with her fingers. "It wasn't even a year ago that we met at a club in the city."

"Ooh, classy," Lauren joked. Camila playfully glared at her before twisting her body on the sofa as well, facing Lauren.

"Tell me about your love life," Camila insisted.

Lauren feigned shock. "Miss. Cabello how dare you ask something so personal!"

Camila rolled her eyes at her roommates antics but found it quite endearing that it seemed Lauren didn't take life too seriously at all. She felt blessed to have someone around other than Charlie, whom she could talk about everything with.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to," Camila assured Lauren, staring at her through her lashes like a puppy.

Lauren paused, staring back at Camila, watching her features change. She instinctively bit her lip and watched Camila's eyes drop there. "Relationships suck," Lauren said softly, "I don't want to limit myself to one person but I don't sleep around either."

Camila snapped her eyes back up to meet Lauren's. "Okay," she drawled out, "so you're not into relationships but you'll only sleep with one person..."

"I won't sleep with multiple girls in a week...I'm very picky," Lauren explained.

Camila squinted. "So you have a specific type?"

"You could say that."

"Why do relationships suck? Was your last one bad?"

"Nope," Lauren nodded. "Only because I've never been in one."

Camila's hands flew up in the air. "How do you know they suck?"

"I don't know," Lauren shrugged, unaffected by Camila's dramatic reaction, "could be my parents."

Camila's expression softened and she retracted her arms by her side. "Lauren you should at least be open to the idea of finding love. Someone you can share your life with."

"I'm not focused on that," Lauren dismissed her, "I just want to graduate, promote peace and have exhilarating love affairs."

Camila's eyes widened and she found herself smiling genuinely at how passionate Lauren sounded about life - whether she was being mildly sarcastic. It was rare Camila met someone Lauren's age that didn't care much about partying and drinking and sex. "You're quite endearing you know that?"