Chapter 2

"Melly. You've got to wake up." Charlie said shaking me, I opened my eyes and looked up. "You're going home today, someone's here to pick you up." I hugged my newly found friends and Jacob.

"I'll get clean I promise." He whispered in my ear.

"I'll miss you Jacob." I walked out the cell and over to Whitney. "Hey, can someone please get me water." Charlie walked over to the mini fridge and pulled water out of it.

"Is there somewhere we can talk alone?" She snapped.

"Yeah, Happy Birthday Melissa, thank you Whitney nobody cares about my birthday." She dragged me to a room where Charlie was standing in. She shoved me into a chair and sat in the other.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" She screamed at me.

"Take a chill pill." I said sipping my water.

"YOU COURSED THOUSANDS OF POUNDS OF DAMAGE TO THE SCHOOL! HOW CAN I RELAX?!" She smacked the table.

"Least it wasn't the home. And take deep breaths." I said thinking about that day I blew up the home, a real laughing moment.

"PEOPLE COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED! HURT! THIS IS THE LAST TIME I'M PUTTING UP WITH YOUR VANDALISM MELISSA!" I looked at her and smiled. "Why do you do this?" She asked calmly.

"Because you are an evil witch who only thinks about yourself."

"How dare you!" She growled.

"Well I obviously dare because I just said it." I saw Charlie trying to hold in a laugh.

"I've had enough of your vandalism and cheekiness. If you don't give it up I'll put you in a juvenile prison." My eyes widened. "That got you didn't it?"

"Not really. Juvenile sounds better THAN LIVING WITH YOU!" I shouted the last part for effect.

"I TOOK YOU INTO THE HOME OUT OF THE KINDNESS OF MY HEART! I COULD HAVE LEFT YOU AND YOUR DOG ON THE STREETS!" She spat.

"YOU HAVE NO HEART! YOU'RE AN ICE COLD WITCH! WHERE'S HARLEY? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HER?" I screamed standing up, Charlie walked over.

"I COULD DO MUCH WORSE! Inspector David I'll be filling out the paperwork so Melissa can leave." She straightened her dress showing her boobs off and walked out the room.

"When does the shrink get here?" I asked sitting down.

"Later, are you okay?" I shook my head.

"No, I hate Whitney she's evil. She hits me and starves me then wonders why I'm always getting myself in trouble. It's a decent meal here." I rested my head on the table. "Why can't people be like you Charlie?" I felt him hug me.

"Don't worry Missa, things will 100% get better." I sat up.

"How can you tell?" I sobbed tears pouring down my face.

"Melissa we're going." Whitney burst in the door and grabbed my wrist.

"You don't have to take her; we can keep her here until you're ready." Charlie quickly made up.

"Thank you that would be a massive weight off my shoulders. Thank you, I'll come back around 8:30 as I have to catch up on paperwork."

"Paperwork my ass." I mumbled which both adults heard.

"We'll have words." She stormed out the room and left the police station, the minute she left I burst into tears.

"I want her to stay away from me! That's why I do all this; I get to spend a day without her." I hugged Charlie and cried.

"Don't cry Missa. Ok you calm down then come to the staff room ok, I'll cancel the shrink." Charlie left the room and I sat down taking deep breaths. When I finally composed myself I walked over to the waiting room with everyone in.

"Back already Melly." Ray shouted.

"I have to hang around here all day just thought I'd come and laugh at you because I'm out here!" I laughed.

"Go Melly! We finally rubbed off on you." Neal shouted. I laughed again.

"I'll be right back." I ran over to the vending machines and whacked the top on the left hand side making some chocolate fall out; I repeated this a few times... you can tell that you've been somewhere to long when you work out the vending machine. I walked back to the room and stuck my hand in the cell which held the chocolate. "I know the vending machine code." It wasn't really a code but everyone called it that.

"You're a star Melly." Jackie said taking a bar; she was back in for hitting her ex with a bat. She has a lot of ex's.

"No probs Jacks. See ya guys." I walked off to the staff room and stood outside the door composing myself. Why? I don't want to seem weak. I opened the door and heard a massive bang. I looked around.

"Happy Birthday!" They all cheered, all the officers had decorated the staff room and it was now 'birthdayed'.

"Thank you." I hugged Charlie, June and all the other officers. I looked on the table... I had a cake, a real birthday cake! Not a mini muffin me and Harry shared, a real cake. "I get cake." I said breathless.

"Yes and sweets." June said.

"Did you just hit the vending machine loads of times?" I whispered in her ear.

"You worked out the code didn't you?" I nodded. "Congratulations."

"I'm very proud of myself." I giggled.

"Hey Missa everyone pitched in and got you a present." I was shocked, they did that for me. Why? I was just the girl who caused riots, the officers shouldn't care for me that much. I slowly opened it making sure not to break any of the paper; I wanted to keep it. It was a teddy!

"I have a teddy bear!" I said happily, at this moment I was the happiest girl alive. It was light brown with white eyes and paws and a light brown bow around its neck.

"I know it's not much..."

"It's everything." I hugged the bear.

"Oh yeah Harley's trying to eat my shoe so what do I do?" Charlie said in a joke form.

"Harley." I called and the small white dog came running over. "Say everyone's really nice." She barked.

"Everyone needs to get back to work." Ryan shouted, such a buzz kill. Only Charlie was left in the room.

"I wanted to give you a personal present Missa."

"It's not a cat is it? I'm not really a cat person and Harley is scared of cats."

"I thought cats were meant to be scared by dogs?!"

"Harley runs away from them."

"Oh shoot I best take it back then." Charlie said sarcastically. "No it's not a cat, I've carried these papers for a while and I'm thinking I might sign them." I looked at him in confusion.

"Missa I want to adopt you."

"BARK!"

---------------------------------------------------

A/N:

I love it when you work out how to hit a vending machine to get free sweets! :P