Late (Adrienette)

⚫️🔴Play the song now🔴⚫️

Adrien's POV

I clasp the necktie in my hands, careful enough that it doesn't scrunch and create creases. The bridesmaids lined up on the other side, handing out tissue to whoever they thought would cry. The groomsmen stood beside me, talking about things that I would usually be interested in, but my mind is preoccupied.

As I stand by the dais, I wonder how she felt when she woke up this morning. Did she smile? Is she nervous? I remember I was the only one who could bring her out of her shell before. I wonder what kind of dress she made, she insisted that she would make her own. I wonder if I'm on her mind right now or if she's too busy thinking about the wedding plans. I wonder if she's laughing with her parents in the bridal car.

I wonder if she's happy.

But I snap out of my reverie as I look at the church doors open.

It's as if time froze.

Her eyes were wary, scanning the room - looking for me. We made eye contact and I smiled at her and I could feel the relief flood through her body. Her eyes suddenly shined, smile growing wider, skin glowing brighter. She walked down the aisle, layers of fabric billowing around her. Her eyes brimmed with tears from what could only be happiness. The light behind her made her look like a princess. She used to be my princess.

Not anymore.

Her parents linked arms with her arms as she reached the middle of the aisle. Sabine's eyes glowed with happiness for her daughter, yet an emotion stayed hidden. Tom's eyes brimmed with tears as he let his daughter go to the groom.

Nathael stood at the end of the aisle, red hair flaming and blue eyes filled with love. He was as happy as a groom can be. He took Marinette's hand and led her to his parents, where she kissed the cheeks of her soon to be family-in-law. Nathael did the same to her parents and they both walked to the altar, where the priest stood ready to start the ceremony.

I only realized that I had been crying when Nino passed me tissue. His eyes spoke volumes as he made eye contact with me, as if to say that 'It'll be fine, you'll find someone like her soon'.

But it's not fine and I won't find anyone else like her. She's Marinette. The girl who sat beside me at class. The girl who stuttered around me. The girl who was kind and bold. The girl I fought with side by side. The girl who made me feel love in the darkest of times.

All our memories whizzed by in my mind as the ceremony continued. My tears didn't stop.

And it was only when she said 'I do' with full of love and compassion that I realized that I was too late.

I cried even more as Sabine and Tom came by my side. "We wanted you to know that we wanted you to marry her, not him. We hoped you would be her husband," whispered Tom.

"I hoped so too."

⚫️🔴The End🔴⚫️
⚫️🔴Don't forget to follow, vote and share! Check out my new book called 'Passengers || An Adrienette Fanfic'🔴⚫️
⚫️🔴I hope you guys enjoyed! XOXO Yanna🔴⚫️