Time (Ladynoir)

There are times when things have to end. Times where a new chapter begins in our lives. Times when we need to forget our past. Times when we have to let go of the things we cherish most.

And unfortunately for the heroes of Paris, tonight was that time.

The city of Paris was quiet with only the passing of cars to keep it awake. The moon was shining bright up above, the stars twinkling together in a dance of light and darkness. Ladybug and Chat Noir sat side by side on the top of the Eiffel Tower as the silence engulfed them bit by bit. Legs dangling in the air, hands braced on the edge, the two looked up at the sky. Voiceless at what was about to happen.

"Plagg told you too, huh?" asked Ladybug, trying to break the silence. Chat barely gave a nod that could be seen in her periphery. "I'll miss you, Chat..." mumbled Ladybug. She slowly turned to her right to see Chat with a tear stained face. His lips were quivering as more tears pooled in his eyes - a silent answer. She couldn't bear to look at him like this. He was always happy, flirtatious - arrogant even. But now... He seemed so sad and broken. The total opposite of the person he used to be. With the grief filling up Ladybug, so leaned in and hugged her partner one last time and he hugged back in an instant. She could feel his tears on her shoulder as she felt tears pool in her eyes.

The two were shaking and sobbing in each other's arms. Ladybug reluctantly pulled away from the hug and sat closer to Chat. "Six years... We've been fighting side by side for six years and we still don't know our identities," said Ladybug as she stared at the sky once again. "Well, we'll know our identities after tonight anyway," replied Chat. Ladybug turned to face Chat as she spoke the words he would never want to hear.

"Chat... I don't think Plagg told you, but we still can't know," mumbled Ladybug. "What do you mean?" asked Chat as his eyes pooled with tears once again. "Tikki told me that it's in the rules. We can never know... I tried to convince her, Chat. I really did and I really want to know who you are underneath that mask. I really do, but I just hope you understand that bad things will happen to us if we know who we are underneath..." said Ladybug as tears streamed down her face in the dead of night.

"I know, M'Lady... Plagg told me. I just - I just hope Tikki didn't tell you, but apparently she did..." replied Chat as he pulled her up so that they were standing in front of each other. Chat cupped Ladybug's face and wiped the tears on her cheeks with his thumbs. He tried to take in the details of her face one last time. Her eyes were big and varied with the shades of blue like ocean waves. Her small nose that had a light dusting of freckles. The small curve of her lips. The petite frame of her body. She was beautiful. Standing in front of him was the girl he loved for 6 years.

"I'll miss you too, Bugaboo." And with that last sentence the duo would ever mutter to each other. They turned around. Backs facing each other as a blinding flash of green and red light covered their bodies one last time. Their miraculous lay on the floor of the Eiffel Tower. The pair of red earrings and a silver ring - waiting for their next holder.

Adrien turned his head to the side - just a bit - and saw the petite frame of the girl who stuttered relentlessly around him in High School. The girl who gave him croissants whenever he asked. The girl who he just learned to love. He turned around as he felt the corners of his lips tug up into a smile.

Marinette felt something pulling her back. She turned around and saw the back of the head of a blond boy she knew all too well from High School.

⚫️🔴The End🔴⚫️
⚫️🔴Don't forget to follow, vote and share!🔴⚫️
⚫️🔴I hope you guys enjoyed! XOXO Yanna🔴⚫️