c h a p t e r e i g h t

"No, Kamui," groaned [Name]. "I don't want to go for round seven. I'm tired." The vermilion haired male let out a chuckle with a shit eating grin on his face as he sat up on her bed. "C'mon," he whined. "It's fun! Let's do it again! Please, [Name]? I won't go rough this time." He promised. She let out a sigh and sat up in front of him with a pillow to hug. "Fine, fine." And so they started another round of playing patty cake. Just how childish can this man get?
Kamui looked at her magazines she had in her little room and asked, "Say, what do you think about these women in here? Do you envy of how they look slimmer and better looking than you?" She let out a faint laugh and turned on her stomach on her bed. She looked over his shoulder to see the "beautiful" ladies in dresses and pants and such. She rested her chin on his shoulder then spoke. "Majority of people in magazines for fashion is obviously just photoshopped. Especially in cosplay photos. It disgusts me." The boy looked at her questionally and asked her why she thought that. She replied that people should love themselves before loving others. If they care too much about what others think about them, then they aren't suited to be mature enough for reality or stand up to it. They shouldn't be ashamed of who they are or what they look like because on the inside, everyone is the same. "We are all nothing but a brain that is our everything about us. Our brain controls us and stores everything that we know; it does everything." He thought for a moment and agreed to what she had said.
"But even if I was ugly, you'd still love me, right?" He asked with a smile.
"You mean to ask if I would still love a sadistic, psychotic, piece of shit like you? Totally." She said sarcastically.
"Awe, don't be so mean to me, [Name]! I love you!" whined Kamui.
"What is love..."
"Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more."
"Damn it, Kamui! Stop ruining everything!" [Name] exclaimed and threw a pillow at him.
He grinned evilly and held up a peace sign with his fingers to the invisible screen to whoever was watching them.

[Name] usually didn't mind it when the Yato male came to visit her when she was on earth or in the ship. He would purposely do it to annoy her or ask her to make love to him after a long day. She honestly couldn't tell if he was joking with that smiling face of his. When he would leave out the door, Kamui would steal a kiss and childishly wave farewell. She didn't mind of his actions since she was starting to get use to him being around.
How they met was completely odd. It was back in Yoshiwara when they were going to save Seita's "mother", Hinowa. Gintoki was busy in a fight with Housen, and [Name] with Kamui. She didn't really get to fight him—he had her in his grip as she sat (on his lap) with him on the rabbit statue. She would struggle to get out of his arms but he would laugh and hold her tighter to his body. Luckily, Gintoki came to the rescue and stole his woman back.
It was bizarre that they met again and became close friends. He reminded her of Kagura; guess that's what made her feel a bit sane again. She never spoke of his little sister unless he'd ask. Like that one time when they met on Shinsuke's ship, after he joined up with them, he had asked, "Wouldn't it make Kagura sad that you left? Rabbits can die of loneliness, y'know." It's true that she had felt guilty for leaving them behind, but it was the choice she had to make. It didn't matter to her if they forgave her or not as long as they were perfectly safe in the arms of Kabukicho, and as long as they could protect it too.

"Gin-san, are you alright?" Shinpachi had asked the silver haired samurai that clumsily closed the door, then made his way to the couch with the stench of booze around him. "Yeah, I'm perfectly fine." Gintoki replied with a wave of his hand and goofy grin on his face. He mumbled nonsense under his breathe that Shinpachi couldn't catch onto. The younger male let out a sigh and watched as the adult moved around in his spot. He could hear him snoring lightly after a few minutes but what caught his attention the most was hearing the nostalgic name slipping from his lips in his sleep.
Shinpachi sadly looked over to his friend then back to the picture frame sitting on the desk. He could almost remember her faint laughter the same day they all took that photo. He missed the way she would scold them, the way she would make them a good meal after a long day, and the moments when she was able to make Gintoki smile a way like no other can. He missed the motherly atmosphere in the Yorozuya, the feeling of a real family.

◇ ◇ ◇
It is of practical value to learn to like yourself. Since you must spend so much time with yourself you might as well get some satisfaction out of the relationship.