Loom

Prologue
Loom

Quarantined City no. 524

It's not the biggest city in size but when it comes to security, they're the boss.

Everything is locked up to the extent that even their special forces roam on the grounds outside of the walls. We can't even get our most brilliant hacker a sneak peek of their system because these people are too uptight that they just had to make their security top-notch.

Just a few meters away from where we stand is the huge dome surrounding that city and if we we're caught, we'll all die in an instant. Regardless of what we're made of, we obviously don't stand a chance.

"And all of this, for just one person..." I sighed, eyeing everyone on my team. All of them are probably having a hard time. The winter is as cold as ice, and everyone's freezing and tired. We were given orders to return back once the first moonlight hits.

But if the stakes are at risk, we have no other choice. This is a rescue mission and we have to succeed no matter what.

"She's not a person, though." My thoughts were interrupted at the sound of one of my colleague's voices.

"Ah." I replied bitterly, "Of course she's not."

I rolled my eyes at the thought and sighed again. Life is a big bitch. And we're a perfect example.

Everything that we are is a mistake. A curse. The glitch in the system...

... And soon, that girl is gonna learn that she's one of us too.

I am Loom.

I am what they call a monster.

... And so will that girl be.