Chapter Thirty-Four

I hastily pulled away from his grip, staring into his deep, brown eyes.
"Did you just say what I think you just said?" I asked, wide eyed.
"Well I um... Yes," he stumbled as I jumped off of the bed.
"Brian we've known each other for a month and live thousands of miles apart! What are you thinking?" I laughed, amused at how ridiculous this was.
"When you were in that hospital bed... I knew it wasn't serious but the thought of loosing you made me sick." He said, walking towards me.
"But I thought you were the guy who never had serious relationships and was terrified of commitment,"
"But then I met you," he said, holding my head in his strong hands. "You've changed everything." I didn't know what to say, this was all so crazy. So I didn't say anything, I simply wrapped my legs around him and kissed him as we toppled back onto his bed.

I while later, I laid tiredly upon his chest. We both sat in silence for a while, not wanting to say a word.
"That girl who I was engaged to," he started, "her name was Mallory. When she left me I became depressed, suicidal even. Thought I'd never be happy. I wrote that note almost ten years ago, and kept it to remind me how stupid I was. After I wrote it I broke down, Sal found me and I began therapy... I've never been back since." I'd barely breathed since he started talking, I was even more shocked when he started talking again. "I need you to know everything... I almost died, when I was a fireman. Fell off a roof and onto a jeep, that's why I have one now! When I was ten I stole all my brother's sweets and blamed our cousin, Dean!" I began to laugh and pressed my hand up against his mouth before he could continue.
"I think that's enough confession for today," I laughed, "Everything you've told me, you could have told me when we first met and I wouldn't have thought any different of you... I still would have thought you were a dick!" I said, causing us both to burst into a fit of laughter. "It's nothing to be ashamed of," I whispered, kissing his temple. "I love you Brian," I said as he kissed me once again. "But I can't marry you, not because I don't want to. But my life is in England. I think it's gonna take a while to to slowly move it here." Suddenly his eyes flicked up, a new shimmer of hope in them.
"So, you're like... Considering it?" He asked. I sighed, thinking through my life and then looked back at him.
"I will marry you Brian Quinn... Just not yet!"