Chapter Thirteen

"Do you speak a language?" He asked as he looked up into the stars.
"English, I hope," I laughed as he peered down at me.
"You know what I mean," he mumbled.
"Oui, j'appris français sur une année bissextile à Paris." I said, kinda trying to impress him.
"Okay, I have no idea what that means but I'm very turned on right now," he mumbled as I laughed, sitting up to look at him.
"I studied in France for a bit during a leap year,"
"Oui," Was all he could say as I laughed and laid back down.
"Instruments," he murmured,
"Violin and Piano," I muttered under my breath, embarrassed for some reason.
"God, you sure know how to make a guy feel stupid," he said, a tone of sincerity in his voice.
"What do you mean?"
"Well ya know, you've published three books, went to med-school, speak French and know all kinds of shit about the stars," I laughed at his phrasing, "And I'm what, a guy who travels about with his friends, playing jokes on each other." Once he said the word travel, my mind went back to the fact that he was leaving soon. I glanced down to my watch and winced to see the time in the dark of the night.
2am... Shit. We've been talking for three hours.
I jumped up and dusted myself off from the mucky found we'd been laying on.
"What's wrong?" He asked concerned.
"Are you trying to make this harder?" I asked, raising my voice a little.
"What?" He exclaimed, immediately rising from the ground.
"Asking me all these questions and getting to know me, are you trying to make it more difficult to say goodbye," I cried, walking inside and surprising myself by my sudden outburst. Before Q, I mean Brian, had time to respond, a drunken Zoe, Abby and Sal fell into the house, giggling and whispering.
"Oh, sorry guys are we interrupting?" Zoe laughed, tripping over her bag. Sensing that our time together was coming to an end, Brian pulled me into a passionate kiss which I quickly pulled away from. I didn't like kissing in front of people and especially not Zoe. Noticing my situation, Q whispered,
"Don't worry, they won't remember in the morning." And before I knew it, we were kissing once again as the guys wolf whistled behind us, yelling 'get a room'. As we pulled apart, I couldn't bare to look at him.
What the fuck is happening to me?
"You should go," I stammered, feeling his stare ripping through me. With a long sigh, he kissed the top of my head and held me again, so tightly that I could feel his heart beat against my ear. I could feel him willing me to look at him but I couldn't. He walked away and helped Sal (who had kinda passed out) off the floor. Keeping my eyes shut, I heard the door close behind him as tears streamed down my pale face. I finally opened my eyes and saw Abby and Zoe fast asleep on the floor. Usually this would make me giggle, but not tonight. I pulled a throw from the sofa and laid it across my two friends as they rolled and stirred on the floor. My feet dragging behind me, I walked up the stairs and was stunned that Ezra could have slept through all of that. I slumped onto my bed and let the tears form a puddle on my sheet before slowly falling asleep.

Hi Guys : Thanks again for reading and if you are enjoying it please vote for this story. Thanks again and please check out my second fanfic 'Joker's Hotel' where Sal is the romantic lead. x