Chapter Twenty-Eight

The evening flew by, we watched The Dark Night and a cheesy horror film as well as eating way too much. I endeavoured into an eating competition with Joe.
"Babe, as much as I love you, there is no way you can beat Joey!" Q laughed. The other guys stopped what they were doing for a minute. I guess it was because that was the first time they heard Q say he loved me. I quickly tried to change the conversation before it got awkward.
"Oh, you underestimate me Quinn," I laughed. "So, what are we gonna eat?" I asked, loosening my bet which made them all laugh.
"There's a store down the street, I'll go get a big box of donuts and we can begin," Q chuckled, slipping on his shoes.
"Wait wait wait, what does the winner get?" I asked.
"They can choose the loser's punishment," Bessy chimed in.
"Okay then, prepare to loose Gatto," I giggled as Q left to get the donuts. I felt really comfortable in front of all the guys, like I'd known them for years. As soon as Q left, the four remaining jokers, Bessy and Zoe gathered around me. "What?" I laughed.
"Well if you didn't notice Brian fucking Quinn just said he loves you," Sal cried.
"Well yeah, I know... He has told me before." I said, standing up and taking a sip from my Whisky that Q had poured me earlier.
"Grace do you not realise how HUGE this is?" Joe exclaimed, "Q doesn't do love and commitment and yet with you... I've never seen him this happy." I blushed furiously before Brian bursted in with a box of donuts. He placed the box between me and Joe and I ran into the kitchen to get a timer.
"So, who can eat the most in five minutes," Zoe said, setting the timer. I smiled at Joe and we shook hands before diving into the box of donuts. Everyone was practically rolling on the floor laughing and at sometimes I was chocking because I was laughing while stuffing my face.
"I've never found you more attractive," Q laughed as I stuffed another donut into my mouth.
"One minute left," Sal cheered as they began to count down. I stuffed in the last donut before the buzzer sounded. We counted the empty spaces left by the donuts and Murr had been counting how many we'd eaten. I wiped my face as James whispered the results to Q. Brian walked between us and suddenly raised my arm announcing,
"Grace is the winner by two donuts!" I began to jump for joy, rubbing my victory in Joe's face. I bounded around the room as Zoe celebrated my win. I stopped suddenly and ran into the bathroom, throwing up the donuts into the toilet leaving them all in hysterics behind me. I shouted from the bathroom,
"Technically, I still won!"