Chapter Twenty-Three

Zoe and Sal had decided to head off after breakfast, leaving me and Q to each other.
"I wanna show you everything," he said, as I grabbed by bag and jacket from the hotel room.
"I thought we did that last night!" I teased as he grabbed me around the waist and pulled me in close.
"I mean everything in New York..."
"We're meeting your brother at 6pm, that gives us seven hours!" I said, leaning in close.
"So, Statue of Liberty, Empire State, The MET, Brooklyn Bridge, Coney Island, Chinatown and the Rockefeller Centre. Does that sound like seven hours worth?" He teased.
"Seven hours, more like seven weeks!" I laughed, slipping my keycard into the door before we walked along the hallway and into the elevator.
"Well let's make a start," he murmured, tantalising close to my ear.
We first went to the Statue of Liberty, all the way to the top. I looked out over the city, so big and brimming with people. So many lives in one area. Q watched me, I could tell. He'd obviously seen these things thousands of times yet they were so new and exciting for me. He tried to subtly take a photo of me on his phone, but I noticed and pushed it away.
"Hey, I don't have any of you. I need something to remember you by when we're apart," he said, sticking out his bottom lip.
"Oh don't worry, I'll give you something to remember me by," I laughed, winking at him. "But it won't be a photo. I look like shit." I said, combing through my hair with my fingers. Q had hidden all my hats this morning so I was stuck with my frizzy hair set free.
"Seriously," Q laughed, "look at you!" I blushed as we began to walk back down the narrow staircase.
"Where to now?" He asked, flinging his arm around my shoulder.
"I've always wanted to go to The MET, but right now I could do with some food!" I smiled looking at Q. I just expected a quick bite at a some place, but he decided to take me to the Hard Rock Cafe. It was amazing, I'd actually never been to the one in London so this was my first Hard Rock experience. "Oh my God," I gasped, standing up from our table. "That's Elvis's actual jacket!"
"Your an Elvis's fan?" He said shocked, turning to see the jacket incased in glass.
"Yeah," I said as if my answer was obvious. Q turned to his phone and clicked about for a while before showing me the screen. It was a photo of a very young Q dressed as Elvis Presley! "Oh my God," I laughed, covering my mouth with my hand.
"Oh shut up," he giggled just as our food was brought to the table. "It's funny," he started, "Usually when I take a girl out she orders a salad or something shit like that. But I sit here and you've ordered the biggest burger on the menu!" He laughed.
"Well ya know, a girl's gotta eat and you did say you were paying right?" I joked, causing him to throw his head back and laugh. "Yeah, I am kinda stick thin for what I eat," I laughed, stuffing another mouthful of burger into my mouth as he smirked at me from over the rim of his drink.
After we ate, we got the subway to The MET. I was blown away by Van Gogh, Da Vinci and Monet, gawking at the amazing art. "My sister came here once," I whispered, standing in front of a Van Gogh, Q stood close behind me, "She travelled for almost two years, visiting the best and most amazing art museums while I was in France."
"What did you do in France?" He whispered in an equally hushed voice.
"Eat, drink and have frivolous affairs with French men," I teased, trailing him behind me. We'd spent about two hours in the museum and when we finally walked down the famous steps outside the building he asked,
"Really, what did you do?" I sat down on a stone wall and took a gulp from the cola he'd bought me earlier.
"This was after I decided to pack in the whole midwife thing and I'd just caught my boyfriend cheating. So, I decided to get away for a while. Probably the only impulsive thing I've done in my life was grabbing a suitcase and jumping on that plane to Paris. But I don't regret it one bit. It was Paris where I found my passion for writing and my passion for food. I did want to be a chef at one point but I can't make a piece of toast that isn't burnt!" I laughed as Q looked at me intently.
"So no sexual encounters with Frenchmen then?" He asked cheekily.
"Well a couple," I laughed. He was obviously beginning to get jealous do I changed the subject. "Where next then, I think we have time for one last thing before we need to meet your brother!"
"Whatever you wish for me lady," he said, holding out his arm.
"Well their is one place I really want to go but there's a real risk of me sounding like a complete nerd," I said, eyebrows raised.
"Go on," he asked curiously.
"Midtown Comics," I said hesitantly, "I know it's nerdy but I'm a really big comic book fan." To my surprise Q simply picked me up and twirled me around before leaning in to kiss me. "Well that wasn't the reaction I was expecting!" I laughed.
"Grace Hardy, you complete me!" He giggled, revealing his Marvel phone case that I hadn't yet noticed. We walked arm in arm to Times Square and entered the store. We both spent way too much but I did resist temptation when I saw a pair of Joker converse shoes that were awesome as fuck but as expensive as fuck too. We walked out of the store debating who was the best and worse DC villain and discussing which Uncharted Game was the best. "Oh shit, it's half five already," Q sighed.
"Well we could always go straight from here to the restaurant," I suggested, "As long as it's not a fancy place, cause I'm not really dressed for it!" I laughed, gesturing towards my casual attire.
"No, no you look fine," he responded, "But can I just make one suggestion?" He asked, lifting me onto a wall and reaching into his bag. Before I had time to think, he slipped off my sneakers and replaced them with... Oh my God. Wait they're not, are they? Yep, he slipped on the Joker Converse that fitted perfectly. It was like a twenty-first century version of Cinderella!
"Oh my God Q, this is too much!" I said stunned.
"No it's not. And besides, you look badass anyway!" He laughed. I looked down at my new shoes and smiled before turning back to him. I was about to complain but he stopped me with his lips. "This isn't up for debate," he said, "The shoes are a gift from me and you're taking them." He giggled slightly before saying. "Now come on, let's get you to that restaurant!"