My Childhood Friend

I am Tachibana Yuki and I am 16 years old. For the first time in 10 years I am seeing my best childhood friend, Yamada Ryosuke. He's been really busy, since he's in a new band and all. So, I'm really glad that he can come visit me, even if it's just for...

"Wait he's staying here until he's done with high school?!" I exclaimed at my mom.

"Yes, and he will be sharing a room with you." My mom said.

"What?!"

"He's a good kid and I trust him to share a room with you. Do you?"

"Well, yes...but I haven't seen him in 10 years. So, he might be different."

"It'll be okay."

"Alright, *ding dong* He's here!" I exclaimed.

"Well what're you waiting for? Go greet him."

"Okay."

I ran to the door faster than ever. As I opened the door, he still looked the same as I had left him. That caused a "Huh!?" To escape my mouth.

"Yo!" He said.

"You still look 10." I said with a disappointed face.

"Well sorry but I didn't grow." He said.

"Oh well...come inside." I said.

When I walked him in, my entire family was happy to see that he was back. He looked about my height and puberty did a relatively good job.

"So what're you doing these days?" We asked.

"Well I'm in a band and I'm doing track and field (let's just pretend because he's a good runner so I thought TRACK)" He said.

"Really?!" We all exclaimed.

"Yea. It's a good sport for me. I enjoy it." He said.

"Well school's about to start so you have to come with me." I said.

"Okay." He answered and got up.

When we got to school, the teacher introduced him and he sat down next to me. Everyone was whispering to themselves about Yamada. Many where saying that he was cool and handsome. I mean I couldn't argue but it would just be nice if I didn't always have eyes on my friendships.

"Where are going to eat for lunch?" Yamada asked.

"Well I usually eat it under the tree right there." I said lying. I usually eat it in the bathroom because the girls were jealous that I had a personal relationship with THE Yamada Ryosuke.

"That's a good spot. Let's go!" He shouted and ran over there.

"Thank you." I said.

"Hoi! Tachibana!" One of the girls shouted at me.

"Hai?" I answered.

"We have a paper due tomorrow but we don't have time to do it. Could you do it for us?" She asked.

"I'm sorry but I have a lot to do already with Yamada visiting and moving into my room." I said.

"Come with us." They said grabbing my hand.

"Let me go!" I shouted.

"Hey let here go!" Yamada shouted and took me back.

"Congratulations sir you just made her high school life worse." They said and walked away laughing.

"Did I?" He asked worried.

"It was already hell before you came. It's not your fault. Whatever they say is a lie. Promise me to never believe it." I said.

"Okay."

We finished our lunch and then went to our math class that was next. Unfortunately Yamada took a different math than me. I'm good at math he's bad at math. I was in a higher math he was in a lower math. Despite the fact we aren't supposed to have our phones, I texted him to see how he was doing and he didn't answer. That's a first for him. He always answers my texts. I texted him that I was going to the bathroom and for him to meet me there.

When I got there, a group of girls were standing outside. I didn't see Yamada anywhere and that relived me a little bit. Then I saw him emerge from the corner...

"Hey can you guys go please?" I asked.

"I'm sorry but I'm afraid we can't do that." They said and pulled me into the bathroom.

"Yamada can you help me please?" I asked but he didn't move or even look at me.

"He feels that if he does it'll be worse." The girl said.

"Fine then he doesn't have to help." I said as I kicked them off of me and then ran.

"Wait!" Yamada shouted and followed me up to the roof.

"I told you not to believe them!" I shouted.

"I know." He said hanging his head.

"Why did-" I was cut off as he was hugging me tightly.

"The last thing I even want to do is hurt you and I thought I was. I thought I was the cause of your troubled high school life."

"It isn't you. It's them." I said hugging him back.

"Please don't get hurt or taken away from me again?"

"I won't."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Anything."

"Can I date you?"

"Huh?" I asked surprised. "You really think that I'm date worthy?"

"Yes and I feel that if I act on these feelings now they may not hurt you as much, and no guy will have the same look that you make when you look at me."

"Alright." I said.

A/N: Okay! Well I've been planning this one for a while but I just got stuck and couldn't move but I fixed it. Anyway thanks for reading and please feel free to comment and follow bye bye~~

DISCLAIMER: No cats were hurt in the typing of this story but a few unlucky electrons were terribly inconvenienced. @ Aaron