Knights in armour

My name is Akashi Haruna and I'm 22 years old. I work as a knight for this floating city of skyloft. As far as I know, we are all that's left of the human civilization. About a thousand years or so ago there was a great battle on the surface. It was fought between the forces of good and evil. Since, we were of no help the remainder of the human race was sent up to the sky. Anyway, I am a protector of this town of about 50. I work night shifts and patrol the grounds for monsters that may harm people.

Recently, they had a test of who would be this year's knight. I heard that his name was Arioka Daiki. I also heard that I would be stuck baby-sitting him during the night shift. Anyway, I'm meeting him now.

"You're late!" I said as he was walking towards me.

"Well sorry." He said.

"It's okay. Come this way. Our patrol starts in the cave under the waterfall." I said.

"Yes ma'am." He said following me.

"Watch out for bats, they can get pretty aggressive at this time of night." I said.

"Aye aye sir!" He said making fun of me.

"Stop making fun of me."

"Awwww look it's a little cat." He said.

"No don't touch them they get angry when you wake them."

"But he's so cu- OWWWW!!!" He shouted.

"I told you."

"Whatever. Hey look behind you."

"Haha very funny." I said disbelieving him.

"No really!"

"Fine...AHHH!!" I shouted as I was thrown off the edge.

"IM COMING!!" He shouted as he called his bird.

That's the last thing I heard before I passed out. I woke up on the supposedly "barren" surface. I was scared and alone, or so I thought.

"You're awake." Arioka said coming towards me.

"Yes I am. How'd we get down here?" I asked.

"We fell and out birds don't come down this far. So, we are stuck down here."

"Why'd I have to be stuck with you. Why couldn't it have been Yamada!" I said pouting.

"You like Yamada better than me?" He asked giving me a jealous and hurt look.

"I was just kidding. I didn't mean any harm by it."

"O-okay." He said trying to hide his embarrassment.

"Well according to the old texts there should be some beings of some sort down here we could talk to." I said walking around.

"Kweeeep!" I heard something in a bush shout...but it wasn't a bush it was the being.

"Eh? Are you okay little one?" I asked.

"Kweeeep!!! They come in green and blue too?!" It shouted looking at our colored uniforms.

"Calm down we aren't here to eat you." I said calming it down.

"Kyu kyu." He said calming down.

"What's your name little one?" I asked.

"My name is Milo. I am a Kikiwi." He answered.

"What are Kikiwis and are there any humans here?" I asked.