Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I smirked at the woman from behind the counter as she blushed yet again at something I told her. "Stop flirting with the customers," Michele one of the other Footlocker workers gave me a sly grin while bagging the woman's purchases. It's been a few days since I started working here and everything has been going good. The pool that my father was having installed was basically done and I was more than glad for the distraction from his fiancé.

My mother and I spoke about me moving back in and she was skeptical about it; claiming that she still had to speak to my father about it. She didn't want it to seem like she was turning Dylan and I against him and his fiancé. I really don't think she grasped what was going on. She didn't understand that if I spent any more time around that woman I might let it slip that she's probably the hottest thing since sliced bread and invite her to my bedroom.

Another good thing about working at Footlocker was that I had a chance to first hand talk to the ladies that shopped here. Most of them were probably shopping for their boyfriend but I didn't care. The rest of my weekend was booked up pretty tightly with a few 'dates' to keep me out of the house and I was happy for that. I would end up bringing them home but I'd be way too distracted to think about Emma.

The woman slipped me her number and quickly scurried out the store. I observed the piece of paper in my hand and smiled. Her name was Cindy? This is actually the first Cindy I'd be fucking. As I said before, Cindy was my go to name for when I forgot female's names so I haven't actually been with anyone called Cindy. The next in line came forward and I punched the numbers into the cash register and handed him his change and receipt.

Today I was on cashier duty. I think Becky was getting tired of me flirting with the customers when I was working the actual store so she moved me back here. Becky was a good looking woman but I wouldn't actually sleep with her. I was trying to keep the professionalism alive. After working for a few hours more, it was time for the store to close. Michele was helping me close up while Becky was in the office, counting money and writing my check. I was more than ready to receive my money. Now that I was earning my own cash, nothing could hold me back.

I flipped the sign on the door to 'closed' and started putting clothes back in their original positions. I couldn't for the life of me understand why people always took shit up then when they finally decided that they didn't want it in the end, they put it back anywhere and not in the original place. I wasn't complaining though because I used to do that shit too, especially when I went to Wal-Mart. Now that I understood that this was probably how the workers felt, I probably won't be doing that anymore.

After I was finally done packing up the store, it was just about 9:30pm and I was more than ready to leave. I went to the staff room and grabbed my bag pack. When I got back to the main room, Becky was already standing by the exit with my check. I grinned widely as I took it from her and she made sure to brush my fingers as she handed the envelope over. Michele and I made our way down to the parking lot and I was about to get into my own car when I felt her fingers on my wrist.

"Can I have a ride home? My boyfriend has to work a double." I nodded and pressed the button on my keys to open the car doors. She quickly got into the passenger's seat to avoid freezing to death in the night's weather. Michele's hair was darker than mine, almost jet black. She grabbed a handful of it and pinned it up into a messy bun. I eyed her as I pulled my seatbelt on and I could see that she was smirking at me.

"Where to?" she lived about half an hour away and I haven't been around her neighborhood for a while so she had to direct me. She began instructing me as I pulled out of the parking lot and onto the not so busy highway.