Seven

Two weeks later..
Reyna

"Pleasee?" I begged.

Kendrick shook his head. "I already said no Reyna."

"But why not?"

"I told you, I don't like to speak on the past."

"Just tell me what college you went to."

"I'd rather not." Kendrick said looking towards the menu. "What kind of coffee do you want?"

"Straight black." I said slightly disappointed that he wouldn't answer a simple question about himself.

I've noticed that about Kendrick though, he's a closed book. At first I thought it was just because we were still getting to know each other, but now it's been a month and I still feel like I've only scratched the surface.

Once we got our coffee we left the small coffee shop and started walking down the sidewalk.

"What's it gonna take?" I asked looking at Kendrick as he looked straight ahead.

He looked at me. "For what?"

"For me to finally open you up. You're a closed book."

He sighed frustratedly. "You're still on this.."

"Yes I'm still on this. I want to get to know you more but that's kind of hard to do when you won't answer simple questions about yourself."

"I tell you everything you need to know." Kendrick shot back. He stopped walking causing me to stop also. "I just don't like talking about a certain part of my past, which happens to be the part you're always asking about. Just understand that I don't wanna talk about it Reyna!"

I nodded then took a sip of my coffee. "You finished or you done?"

I started walking down the sidewalk towards my car, momentarily leaving Kendrick but he caught up.

By the time I got to my car he decided to speak. "Look baby I'm--"

"A closed book that can't even be opened after a whole month? Yeah, I know." I said unlocking my car.

"No, it's just--"

"I'm about to be late for work. Bye." I said getting in my car and speeding off, leaving Kendrick standing there.

D'Angelo

"So bruh wassup?" Jarell asked me.

"With what?" I asked while reading through some information.

"Odell. When is it gonna come out that we signed him? It's been like two weeks now."

Jarell loves the spotlight. Whenever the company signs someone big he loves it when the story breaks to the news, mostly because the media is all over it. One would swear that Jarell wanted to be the athlete instead of the agent.

"Exactly, it's only been two weeks. We gotta finalize all the paperwork and stuff." I explained.

"Fine." Jarell groaned. "I've been going through my list of women trying to choose which one I want to take out to dinner the day the story breaks. You know it's nothing but paparazzi those first few days."