Expedition (2)

My heart beat went faster as we continue to advance in our predator's territory. So far, everything's fine. I wonder if this smoothness continues.

Everybody were really focus. Their eyes were on the road. Even Eren and Oluo are serious right now.

Red smoke rounds were sighted. Titans were spotted. Commander Erwin fired the green smoke round to indicate our new course. Our plan was to advance while avoiding to engage into battle.

It was so quiet. I can almost hear my own heart beat.

Everything was okay until we heard large foot steps. Birds started to fly away from the trees. The ground was shaking. Red smoke rounds were fired again.

"A-are there too many titans?" Eren asked. It's obvious that he's frightened.

"What's happening? Why are we not changing our course?" I started to feel more nervous. Something isn't right.

Levi: "Draw out your blades. We might need to fight."

All of us were holding our own blades. I can feel my sweat dripping. The foot steps became louder. Smoke rounds in color of red was seen.

"Our enemy's approaching!" Eldo reported.

My grip on my blade is so tight.

Gunther: "Captain! Titan is sighted!"

Levi: "Advance forward at top speed!"

Oluo: "We need to kill it now!"

Eren: "If we go forward, they'll step

right on us!"

"Listen, advance at top speed. That's an order. Follow it." Captain told us without turning back.

"Roger!"

Reinforcements from the other troops appeared and killed some of the titans. We continued to move forward until we reached the forest. It was the perfect environment for the maneuver gear.

Levi: "Switch to manuever gear and climb the trees."

Just as we climbed the trees.. a large number of titans started to appear. Yet, commander Erwin has gone deep into the forest and didn't give the signal for a new course.

All of the troops were in the forest. Titans had also entered it. We engaged into battle.

The squad where the newly recruits were was right in front of us. We cooperated and killed titans together.

But, they keep on coming. There's no end to this.

I climb up the tree again to change my blades. Captain Levi pulled me by my hand and said "Don't die. You can't die in a place like this, Petra." I just stared at him, we were in the middle of a battle, but he still keeps on reminding me to stay alive.

He left Eldo in charge and went deep into the forest where Commander Erwin and the rest of the captains are.

We continued to kill. But.. still.. their number isn't dropping.

I got tired and stopped for a second. I looked around and saw them all trying their best.

And then.. I saw one of the newbies was about to get eaten by the titans! I hurriedly killed the titan and pulled him out.

I was about to get to the trees to avoid being a food to them. It was a lot lot safer if you're ob a higher ground.

But then,  before I could even go up, a titan had me in his hands. I tried to cut its fingers, but my blades are not capable of it. It was to damaged to cut through the titan's fingers..

 Realizing I can't escape from the titan, I just closed my eyes. All I can do is reminisce the good times. I had a good life.

~ ~ Flash back ~ ~

I ran to the town's outer gate. So eager to see the survey corps entering the town, I didn't realized that I already bumped into one.

"Brat, look at where you're going. Don't just bump people." He looked at me.

"Sir, I'm twelve years old. I'm not a brat." I told him.

"Oh?" This guy doesn't have any expressions at all. He was known as Humanity's strongest soldier. It was Captain Levi.

After seeing the survey corps enter the inner gate, I immediately went home.

With a smile on my face I told my parents "Mom, Dad, when I grow older, I want to join the survey corps." Thinking that they'll be happy and support my dream.

But they looked at me with their eyes wide open. They were shocked. They tried and tried to discourage me, but I they can't stop me from joining the survey corps.

Years passed.. I became part of the trainee corps. I was 15 years old. During my trainee days, I met Oluo and the others. We gave our best in every task we are given. After 3 years of hardship, we finally graduated. I was part of the top ten. Oluo ranked sixth while I ranked fifth.

The day when we needed to choose what police branch are we gonna join is today. Everybody asked and asked if I'm really sure that I'm not going to join the Military Police.

I answered them with my head held high "I'm joining the Survey Corps. I am willing to offer my beating heart for humanity's sake."

And so.. at last. I became part of the survey corps.

I had lots of fun with my squad. We shared many laughter.

~ ~ End of flash back ~ ~

I didn't expect that my life would end here. It's okay. I'll die here with honor.

I felt the saliva all over my uniform. I'm about to get eaten. I opened my eyes to be able to see my friends for the last time. Oluo, Gunther, Eldo.. I'm gonna miss them.

I saw my squad mates look at me from the trees. I stretched out my right arm and shouted "Good luck!" and smiled at them. Tears continued to roll down.

And then I heard them call my name over and over.

"Petra!"

"Petra!"

Everything went pitch black..

As I thought that everything will end hear.. someone grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the titan's mouth.. he smiled at me and said "I guess it still isn't you time, Petra-san."

The both of us went up the trees.

"Ereen! I owe my life to you!"

"Are you hurt?"

"No. Thanks to you!"

Oluo, Gunther and Eldo went near me and asked if I was alright. I smiled at them and nodded.

Hours passed and we had killed all the titans surrounding us. Captain Levi returned and looked so relieved when he saw us unharmed.

As the sun started to set, Commader Erwin decided to head back to town. Before the night came, we had peacefully entered the gates.

~ ~ ~ ~