Expedition (1)

It was a bright and sunny morning. I got up from bed and looked out of the window. Kids playing, vendors, whoever they were.. they all seem to be happy. Just like them, I'm happy with my life too. But I'm getting nervous about this upcoming expedition. I hope everything will go smoothly as planned and a big percent of our troops will return here with our heads held high.

"Enjoying the view, Petra?"

"Tsk. Don't you know how to knock?

Captain Levi went back at the door and knocked..

"Happy?" Then he went near me and looked out the window. "What are you looking at? It's just the town. Is this view beautiful for you?"

"Captain, it's early morning. I just wanted to look at the morning sky and contemplate."

"Oh?" He suddenly closed the window and told me to go downstairs to eat breakfast. I obediently went down with him.

The four of them, Gunther, Oluo, Eren and Eldo, was fooling around like usual.

Eren: "Sir! That's my cereal!"

Gunther: "C'mon! It's just a cereal. Go get a new one for yourself."

Eren: "I already got one. But, when I blinked my eye.. it was gone. You snatched it from me!"

Eldo: "My, my. It seems that a burglar has entered."

Oluo: "Kids, please. Just eat!"

They were all energetic. Their childish act made me laugh. When everyone saw our captain approaching the table, they all sat down and zipped their mouth.

"What's wrong, Gunther? Afraid to be caught by the captain?" I teased him while getting my own cereal.

Eren: "Yes. Yes, Petra-san. After all, he's burglaar!"

Captain Levi couldn't stop us. All he did was stare at us. He looked like as if he really wanted to punch all of us but he just can't do it.

We laughed until our stomachs ached and that's the time we stopped with the childish ways and started to eat quietly. After everybody was done eating, Eldo piled the bowls and washed it. All of us waited for Eldo to finish his job and come back in the dining table.

Eren: "The expedition starts tomorrow." He said with a concerned expression.

"Eren, it's just an expedition." Captain Levi told him arrogantly.

"But Eren's new. All of us got scared in the start, right?" Somehow, I was defending Eren from captain Levi's blabla speech.

Levi: "You were afraid? All of you?"

The four of us including Eren which makes it five just looked at each other.

"Then, why did you join? I don't need scaredy cats. You should've join the Garrison. Or if you want your life to be easier, join the military police, deep in the walls, you'll be safe. No need to expose your self to the titan's territory..."

I butted in to stop his speech. All of us were tired of listening to it. "Okay. Okay, Captain. Past is past. We can't rewrite it." But, of course I told it to him nicely.

He just stared at me and said nothing. I was starting to feel embarrassed, so I looked away. The awkward silence continued..

"Squad Levi!"

We all turned and looked at the person who was standing by the main door.

We saw a tall four-eyed girl. Her brown hair was tied up on a ponytail. She was lively as usual. Commander Erwin was with her.

"What are you doing here, Hanji?" Instead of greeting Hanji-san, captain Levi asked her a question. It looked like he wanted her to leave. Hanji-san payed no attention to Captain Levi's question. She just stared at Eren with curiosity.

"We're here to give you the formation." Commander Erwin handed us a map.

All we did this day is to discuss, again, about the expedition.

~ ~ ~ ~

I woke up very early. It was the expedition's day. I immediately went down and ate break fast with others. All of them looked so sleepy. I can't blame them, the expedition starts very early.

After taking my bath. I put on my uniform and wore my maneuver gear.

The survey corps lined in front of the gate while riding our own horses.

"I got goosebumps." I whispered to Eldo.

Eldo: "It's okay, Petra. We always do this."

"Don't worry, you'll still come back home." Captain Levi suddenly spoke to me.

The gate was starting to open. I tightened my grip on the rope.

"Be safe, squad Levi." Captain told us.

I heard commander Erwin signaled us to advance. We obediently did.

"Petra, don't let your gaurd down. Stay alive."

Captain Levi wished me good luck. I hope everything's gonna be alright.