10 - Cupids Reunite

"Good morning Miss Evie," Harry, the cab driver to and from Olympus, greeted. I got situated in the backseat of his car and nodded toward him. He was the grandson of Hermes who was the messenger of the Gods. Harry had a twin brother named Henry who was the cab driver for those who just wanted to get around Olympus. It tended to be confusing.

Then there was Olympia Lane which was completely separate from Olympus. It was like Olympus was Las Vegas and Olympia Lane was like Henderson. If that reference doesn't make sense, consult a map. Basically, I meant that Olympus had all the city life and all the fancy castles that the gods occupied. Then the minor gods got sent to Olympia Lane which was more of a suburb type place where each minor god and goddess of whatever had a place of their own.

I stared out the window as the streets of New York faded and I was taken to the world of the gods. The sky was a simply white so it appeared that we were in the clouds but it was simply because the sun and moon always shined here. Harry pulled up to our stop and I gave him a smile and wave before exiting the cab.

My great grandparents (often just referred to as my grandparents) lived on Olympia Lane in a (shockingly) bright pink house. Eros loved the fact that he had a holiday all to himself and he made sure that everyone knew about it. As if anyone could forget about Valentine's Day, especially all single people.

I walked up the two stairs to my grandparents' front door and knocked before walking in. Just before stepping inside, I took a deep breath and prepared my cheeks for a huge aching. I always found that I smiled the most when I was surrounded by my family.

"I'm here!" I called out stressing each letter in the words.

"Evie!" There was a chorus of greetings from the house and I knew that I was in for a wonderful evening.

A beautiful redhead approached me first enveloping me in a tight hug. She wore an apron and had her beautiful dark cherry red hair pulled back. Her jade eyes sparkled as she pulled away to look at me.

"Goodness you grow so much! You never visit here anymore," she pouted.

"I know," I mumbled to my great grandmother Psyche. "I've been so busy lately."

"Yes, so I've heard." She narrowed her eyes and smiled mischievously. I did not like the look of that but I smiled along regardless.

"Where's Grandpa?" I asked excitedly.

"He's attending to work as he always does. Why don't you greet everyone else and I'll drag him out so he can spend some family time with us?"

"Sounds good," I agreed.

"Evelyn!" I heard as I entered into my grandparents abnormally pink living room. This place was so full of different shades of pink it was unhealthy.

"Avena!" I shouted back as she came over to give me a quick hug. Her dirty blonde hair was shorter since the last time I saw her. It was just above her shoulders and it seemed that she had just gotten it trimmed. She clapped in delight as my brother came over and slung an arm over her shoulders.

"Hey sis," he greeted lamely. I crossed my arms over my chest giving him a very unimpressed look. We hadn't seen each other in about two weeks now and that's all he had to say? I didn't think so.

"Excuse me Vee," I said pushing them apart gently. Vee stepped back a huge smile on her face as she knew what was coming next. I grabbed on tightly to my brother and gave him a proper hug. He hugged me back after feigning frustration.

"Be nice, you jerk," I joked without letting go of him. He finally began to push me away and I reluctantly let go. "I see how it is! You get a girlfriend and suddenly hugging your sister isn't cool anymore?"