17 - Come with Me

"Seriously?"

"I'm not even kidding!"

"I totally suspected that Heather was a squeezer," I mumbled sipping lightly at my coke. I laughed so hard envisioning all the groping Jay must have gone through. "You were one hot product today. No girl in that place wanted to take their hands off of you!"

"All except for one," Jay agreed staring down at me. I blushed and kept my eyes down on my burger. We had just decided to head to the closest food place and we found a Burger King first. I had my Whopper sandwich sitting in front of me unwrapped. Jay had the same but he had his fries spilled out on a napkin and was dipping them in his vanilla shake.

"You were definitely a hit. I bet they will all be so sad when you aren't there next week."

"What about you?"

I frowned not understanding his question. "What about me? I'm used to working without you."

"I'm moving out of your place on Sunday and into my mom's. That's when the renovations are supposed to be done," Jay explained.

It took a moment for that to sink in. Oh yeah, that roommate deal was only temporary which meant that it had to end eventually.

"Oh...right."

"Are you going to miss me?"

I snorted waving him away. "Obviously not. You've been nothing but a pain in my side."

Jay frowned seeming unhappy with that answer.

"I was kidding," I added. "Of course I'll miss your company. You know we spent so much time together."

Jay seemed to pick up on my sarcasm.

"Our schedules never matched up."

I nodded fully understanding what he meant. "Oh, I know. It's not that big of deal. We knew this was a limited thing from the beginning. I actually anticipated never seeing you at all and that would've been fine for me given our history together."

Jay nodded unsure of what to add. We continued eating in a nice silence. I proceeded to begin people watching the people around our table and the small fast food joint.

"I'm sorry."

My hazel eyes met with Jay's light blue ones. I know my confusion showed as I swallowed the bite of food in my mouth.

"For what?"

"That night," he answered referring to what I had mentioned before. "It wasn't right of me. I took advantage of the fact that you were drunk and it was wrong. I'm sorry."

I studied him for a moment not doubting his serenity but wondering what he wanted from all of this. Did he expect me to say that it was alright? Or that it was a moment of weakness for us both?

"Thank you," I settled for instead. "That's awfully kind of you to say so."

Jay nodded and went back to eating.

"I'm also sorry for this last minute stuff. I don't usually bring my dates to such extravagant places just the second time we go out."

I laughed at him and briefly my mother and Eros's warning came into my head. I shouldn't mess with this guy. Why? Because he was Roman? Porus's voice also reminded me not to look into Roman mythology because I wouldn't like I found. Granted, I wasn't excited with the new information but I was happy that I knew it.

I finished up my food and scrunched up the wrapper into a tight ball before tossing it aside. Jay finished up his burger as well and he started much later than I did. I watched him unsure of what was to come after all of this.