Chapter 6 (¯'·._.·[☆]·._.·'¯)

I groaned loudly as I heard the bell ring, AGAIN.

"What is wrong with everyone these days, jeez" I  mumbled annoyed while I opened the door. I mentally slapped myself for what I just said when I saw my dad standing there with his black luggage. Tears of happiness started to roll heavily down my cheek. 

"Oh dad" I whispered jumping on him, rapping my legs around his waist breathing in his perfume that I missed so much.

"Oh God Hope, my girl, how did you grow up so fast?" he asked astonishingly while hugging me back.

"It's a secret" he laughed cutely, I felt happy for the first time, in a very very very long time. Seeing him just brought up memories of our days together. 

"Come in daddy, I just cleaned up yesterday  so there shouldn't be a mess" I said proudly. He looked around and smiled, but I think it was a sad smile.

"Hope, I just wanted you to know, that I am sorry .. so sorry for leaving you alone but I needed time on my own, I needed to figure myself out, what I should do with my life and .."

"it's ok dad, really.. I'm used to it, even Brian left me so it's not a big deal" yes it was a big deal, actually it was a HUGE deal, but I hid my pained face, I was so happy to see him, I din't bother.

"Come here big girl" he said stroking the spot beside him on the couch, I obeyed and sat next to him, he held my hand and kissed my cheek.

"How are you sweetheart?" His soft voice touched my heart, I just wanted to tell him everything and I did.

"Oh dad, life is so mean to me sometimes I feel like I had to grow up for everyone take responsibilities when I was just so small, when I was supposed to play with my dolls. But you know Liam was there for me all the time, until now" I whispered the last words, just to make myself believe that maybe they weren't true.

He glanced at me curiously and I avoided his glaze, I didn't wanna talk about him right now, I was just so happy.

"I love you little girl" He said.

"I love you too daddy".

It remained silent for several minutes, but it wasn't an awkward silence it was comfortable and understanding. 

"So come on let's go visit your mom" he pulled me from the couch and headed towards the door grabbing my jacket. It was a warm day, I was wearing my blue shorts and a white tank top and my white converse. 

I took dad to the hospital with my car, I wanted to show him my driving skills and he was really impressed. He said that Nicole was a bad driver, I smiled politely not knowing what to say. 

We arrived there after 15 minutes, my dad wanted to grab something to eat at KFC, I was so excited but scared too, what if my mom freaks out?

"Honey you go to your mom's room, I'm coming afterwards ok?" he asked, he was scared too, he didn't know what to expect.

I slowly walked up to her room, there were a lot of people sitting on the small plastic chairs, some with happy faces others with sad faces. I saw a little girl with black curly hair crying with her head on her knees. I walked up to her and and smiled lightly. She looked up at me, and smiled back. I stroked her head and continued walking to my mom's room. I wanted to open the door, but I heard confused voices.

"I still care about her... I'll always be there for her... but we need to keep distance, and I... sorry... did .. didn't meant to hurt her" I leaned my ear closer to the door trying to hear more, but I couldn't hear anything anymore only steps coming closer and when I pulled myself up Liam was standing in front of me.