Ch. 2 Tributes

The woman above is a picture of Effie at the Reaping. Except in my book she is wearing pick butterflies not yellow and gold.

It was only mere seconds after my family said goodbye and was dragged out of old fashioned room before Effie came back to fetch me. She led me out of my room and down the hallway to the other room where I guess Erik was in. She opened the door to reveal a bored looking Erik slouching on a couch.

"Didn't anyone visit you to say goodbye?" Effie asked sassy putting a hand on her hip pulling Erik out of his daydreaming making him sit up. He looked up at her then at me assessing us before he looked down to the floor shaking his head. "Ohh. You poor thing." She commented walking over to the couch and sitting down next to him. "Why did no one visit? Don't you have a family?" She asked crossing her pale legs beckoning me to come over and sit as well. Which I did.

"They died when I was small." He told us as his hard steel blue eyes stare at the floor.

"What about siblings, relatives, or friends?" She asked scooting closer to him putting a hand on his back.

"I'm an only child and my parents didn't have any siblings either. My grandparents died before I was born and I am not very good at making friends." He told us his eyes never leaving their place from the floor. She sighed sadly and wrapped her arm around Erik's shoulders pulling him in for a hug which he shook off and stood up walking away from his place on the couch. "I'm used to it. I don't need your sorry ass pity." He lashed out at us causing Effie to have a sorrowful face. I put my hand on her shoulder smiling softly as she turned to smile back. She then rose from her spot on the couch gaining her confidence back and strutted over to the door.

"Come along now gentlemen. It's time to board the train to Panem." She informed us opening the door and leading her way down the hall with us in tow. Once outside the main building we were stuffed into a car which drove us to the station where the train was being held. We were unloaded out of the car seeing our district's people gathered around to see us off. Effie led us down the path to the levitating train as everyone stared at us yelling goodbyes or giving us the look of pity. We climbed the steps to the silver train and once we reached the door she had us turn around and wave goodbye to our district. It was then that I saw Raven standing in the far back with Hank by her side. She raised her hand in the air and waved goodbye to me then brought her hands to cup her lips as she shouted something that I couldn't hear due to our district's crowd. I didn't have to hear the words for they were screaming in my head telepathy.

I love you big brother!

I nodded my head still making eye contact with her unshed tears as mine gathered in my eyes at I raised my hand and waved her goodbye.

"I love you little sister!" I yelled back at her knowing that she probably couldn't hear it but she read my lips and understood. While doing so I sent a message to Hank making his face blank for a moment due to him listening.

Take care of my sister Hank. She is all I have left in this world that I really care about. Make sure that she doesn't try anything that might put her life in danger. Treat her like the most precious diamonds and love her like she is the most beautiful girl you have ever seen.

From far away I could see him nodding in understanding as he raised his hand waving goodbye next to Raven.

"Time to go." Effie told from behind me in a normal tone her lips next to my ear as her hands patted my shoulders. I nodded taking one last look at my family before boarding the train never looking back.

Once Effie, Erik, and I stepped inside the metal bullet the door quickly shut and the train took off. Erik and I stared at the door in shock at how fast it did that. Well I was in shock. Erik had the same emotionless expression he has worn since the main building of District 12.