Ch.1 Reaping

Hey guys, it's me. I just really got into X men fanfictions. My favorite is Cherik (Charles {man on right} /Erik{man on left}). Idk what is wrong with me 😅😞😙 but I plan to make my first Cherik fanfiction. I know this idea is not original but my story is. So I hope you enjoy what I have to bring. 😆 WARNING!!!!! This is a boyxboy or manxman or gay fanfiction for entertainment purposes only. I don't own X men it belongs to its rightful owner. If you are okay with all this above enjoy. 😋

(Charles POV)

"Charles!" My manager calls popping her head around the corner. "Can you help me put out more pastries for display?"

"Sure, Mrs. Bunn. I'll be right there." I answer as I quickly finish cleaning the back cooking area. Once done I walk in to the room to see Mrs. Bunn with one too many pastries in her hands. I extend my arms to keep the pile in her hands from falling. "Mrs. Bunn let me help you. That is a few to many to carry for your back. What did the doctor say about this?" I snatch a good portion of it in my arms before walking to the front of the shop to put it on display.

"Oh. Toots. I won't let some snobby know-it-all doctor tell me how to do my job." She tells now joining in putting the pastries on display with me.

"They're right you know. You need to stop carrying such large quantities. What if you slip and fall?" I counter finishing my pile and going to the back to get the rest.

"Such a kind and caring heart you have for a mean old women like me. But you won't always be around you have a sister to look after. And I would rather for you to be there for her than me." I stop what I am doing and look over at her thinking why she would say that. "Anyways you are done for today. You may go home. You need to get home for you and your sister to get ready for the Reaping."

"But, Mrs. Bunn-"

"No buts. You go home. I can handle the rest from here." I take off my apron and pack my things. On my way out I kiss Mrs. Bunn on the cheek.

"Thank you again for letting me work here despite me being a mutant." I admit as I wave her goodbye exiting the store.

"Anytime Charles. You are definitely nicer than any human boy that I have encountered. Run along now and get home to your sister!" She shouted as I ran down the long steep hill that I walk up every day to my job.

I walked down the flat dirt path till I reached the edge of town where I saw my house.

"Raven!" I call out as I reach the front porch steps. I ascend them walking into my house. "Raven!" I call out again reaching the kitchen. I hear no answer as I leave the kitchen to start my search. I look into the living room, the bedrooms, back porch, and back to the kitchen. I lean against the doorway confused as to why she isn't in the house.

"Boo!" I jump startled looking behind me to find the person I was looking for.

"Raven. No games. We have to get ready for the Reaping." I tell pushing past her heading towards my room with her following me.

"Oh come on. That was funny." She commits as I ignore her setting out my clothes. "You're no fun." She dramatically flops onto my bed on my nice clothes with a fake pouty face.

"Raven, you have to get ready as well." I tell her leaving the room walking to her's hoping she will follow. Which she does.

"What if I don't want to." She suggests folding her arms over her chest as I opened her closet and fished out my mother's beautiful red dress. I let Raven wear her clothes because she died many years ago along with my dad. I'm too selfish to donate it and too attached to sell it. She had nothing when I let her in so I lent her my mother's clothes.