How to Introduce Your Lady

Thank you for 100 views... <(:-》
Enjoy reading :)

Hiccup fell on Astrid's side suddenly when he saw his father, Astrid's parents and Gobber staring at them. His father wore a serious expression on his face, and so did Astrid's father. While his girlfriend's mother and Gobber were speechless.

"Dad! Uh, uhm... you're here." He said stuttering.

"Hiccup, upstairs now!" Stoick said strictly. Hiccup finally got up and quickly headed upstairs following his father who was a few steps away from him.

Helka and Àsmundr nodded at Gobber. The blacksmith left Hiccup's old sketchbook on the table and bid goodbye to the three before leaving.

"I came looking for you." Stoick said as they entered Hiccup's room.

"Y-you, you did? Wow, what a coincidence. You know I came looking for you too." The auburn haired Viking stammered.

"You've been keeping secrets." He said in a deep voice.

"Uh, uh, uhm... I - I have?" The boy said hesitantly.

"Just how long do you think you can hide it from me? Nothing happens on this island without me knowing about."

"Y-you know dad, this reminds me of an old conversation that we had a few years ago."

"Stop changing the topic Hiccup." The man said sternly. "Now, let's talk about your relationship with Astrid."

"Oh gods, Dad I'm so sorry. I, I, I... I was going to tell you. We were planning to but - " He cut himself off before explaining. "We were going to ask you for your blessing, we were preparing here in the house but now it's all ruined. Dad please you got to listen to me. Please... I-I'll do anything just please don't keep me and Astrid apart. Please dad... I'll be nicer to Snotlout. I-I'll watch the twins for a whole day. I - " he wae cut off by a chortle.

He laugh along with his father nervously. "Y-y-you, you're not mad?" He asked.

"What?! Why would I be mad? I WAS HOPING FOR THIS." The large man boomed.

"Uh... y-you were?" He questioned in disbelief.

"Of course! You really had me going there son. All those years of the worse Viking hiding your feelings. Oh, Odin! It was rough, but look at you Hiccup! You finally man up. I'm so proud of you son and I'm sure that your mother - Valka is proud of you too." He said as he pulled the teen Viking into a bear hug.

"Dad, can't breathe." Hiccup breathed out. His voice barely audible.

"Sorry, I got a little carried away." He paused for a moment before continuing "So, when did you ask her to be yer girlfriend?" The chief asked excitedly.

"Just yesterday dad. We came back here because we wanted to have yours and her parents' blessings." The young man explained.

"I'm happy for you son. I'm so glad to have Astrid like my own daughter." Stoick said earnestly. "Oh! Your mother and Helka were right." Stoick said in amusement making Hiccup curious.

"Right about what, dad?" He asked

"They were right about you and Astrid. You're mother, Valka, and Astrid's mother, Helka, were the best of friends ever since they were little. You were born three months before Astrid. In fact, you were suppose to be born only one month older than her but you came early into this world. At the time when you were born, your mother couldn't wait for Astrid's arrival because she wanted you to have a playmate. When Astrid was born, Helka and your mother started thinking that you two could be more than just friends in the future and maybe end up together one day. It turns out, it wasn't a maybe. It's real and it did happened. Wherever your mother is, I'm sure that she already gave you her blessings."