Chapter 24

Quick authors note before the chapter, I had no clue what the hell I was writing, I looked up how a court session works, found some information and stored that in my brain, so yeahhh. Please forgive me if I got some stuff wrong :p...carry on...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 7th.....

Leah's P.O.V.

So a few days ago, Gina delivered the news that we had to go to court today in result of my kidnapping. Of course, I agreed because I want Troy and them to be in jail until they die, but I'm a nervous reck.

I was scared to see Troy again, but the Riggs have been supporting me throughout the days.

"You ready?" Chandler asks, walking into my room.

I let out a breath and turn around, sending Chandler a nod.

"Yeah" I smile and flatten out my dress.

*up top*

He was wearing a blue button up and some black jeans. When we walk out, Chandlers hand slips into mine and I instantly feel better.

"You got this" he whispers and gives my hand a squeeze.

I shoot him a smile and we reach the living room, where Chandler let's go of my hand and we both act normal.

"Ok, is everyone ready?" Gina asks.

"Nope" I mumble, causing everybody to chuckle.

"You're going to do great, Leah. Just tell them the truth" Gina says and hugs me.

I close my eyes and breath in.

"I just hope they'll believe me" I mumble and we walk out of the house.

"They'll believe you. Plus, just show them your cuts and bruises for proof" Grayson says and smiles.

I ruffle his hair.

"Thanks, Grayson"

~~~~~~~~~

The car ride seemed long and silent. It was drizzling when we got to the court room.

Gina had gotten me a lawyer, so now we were trying to find her.

"Oh, there's her car!" Gina says, pointing to a silver Honda.

Apparently my lawyer was one of Gina's close friends, so I was perfectly fine with that. We park right next to her and she greets us at the court doors.

"You ready?" The lady asks me.

"Nope" I say and let out a laugh.

"Just tell the truth, you'll do great, kid" she puts a hand on my shoulder.

"By the way, I'm Becky Waters" Becky holds her hand out for me to shake.

I introduce myself and we walk in. But boy, do I regret walking in.

I look ahead and the first things I see are Troy, Catherine and Eddie. I gasp and freeze, trying to calm myself down.

"It's ok, Leah. You're safe here" Chandler whispers and starts to rub my back.

I take in a deep breath and continue to walk with everyone. Me and Becky take a seat at the table and the rest sit right behind us.

I really wanted Chandler to sit with me, but apparently he couldn't do that.

"Ok, let's start this session" The judge says.

"So today, we're here because of the kidnapping of Leah...We don't have a last name for Mrs. Leah" The judge looks towards us.