Chapter 2

Leah's P.O.V

Once I reached inside the church, I went over to Mrs. Cathy and she stuck a sticker on me. I was number 5. I looked up at her with shock in my face.

"The older people start off the auction" she gave me a fake smile and walked over to another kid.

"Just perfect" I mumbled to myself. *Sarcasm intended very much so*

I walked over to Alyssa and joined in on her conversation with Cassidy, another girl our age.

"What number are you guys?" I asked.

"Two" Alyssa replied very glumly.

"One" Cassidy said and started to tear up.

"Hey, it's gonna be ok, you're gonna be fine" I went over and hugged her. Alyssa joined in.

"Thanks, maybe you're right. I hope you're right" She mumbled the last part.

"Ok everybody, the auction will be starting soon, please get into your age groups" a female voice came through the speaker.

"Ok, you six, you're the first age group, head out on stage. I'll miss you guys, you were a real big help at the orphanage" Mrs. Cathy hugged all of us, and pushed us on stage.

Not like the hug meant anything, she would never miss us. Anyways, In my age group there was, Cassidy, Alyssa, Melissa, Rachel, Me and Taylor.

"Love you guys" I whispered to them, and then the auction started.

"Who would like this lovely lady in Orange?" A darker skinned lady with curly black hair said, and gestured towards Cassidy.

A woman shyly raised her hand and then people were fighting for Cassidy. A woman with short blonde hair who looked about 30-40 ended up buying her. Then it was Alyssa. People were raising their hands back and fourth and soon enough Alyssa was gone too. Melissa and Rachel went by very fast, and then it was me.

"Who wants to start off with this pretty lady?" the girl said.

No one. Then a man raised his hand and shouted "350!"

"Please make me get bought by a girl" I prayed in my head.

Numbers were being shouted back and fourth until one stood out.

A lady with blonde hair yelled out "2000 DOLLARS!" And everyone else shut up.

Then came the words that changed my life forever.

"SOLD TO THE BLONDIE!"

I hugged Taylor and then walked off the stage, to meet the lady who bought me.

"Hi, I'm Gina Riggs, I have a husband and two sons that I hope you'll get along with" she laughed and then continued, "Here, let me help you with your bags, can you cook?" She asks me and takes some of my bags to her black suv.

"Um yes, I worked at the cafeteria in my orphanage" I answered her and put my bags in her trunk.

"Ok great, you don't mind cooking being one of your chores do you?"

"No, not at all!" I got into the passenger seat of her car and she got in the drivers seat.

"Perfect! So what I have in mind is cooking, cleaning, doing laundry and that's about it. You'll have your own room and all that so make yourself at home when we get home!" She said.