Chapter 11

Leah's P.O.V.

Three days later...

Tonight was the night that we were having company over. I had finished all my chores just in time, thank god. Gina's been uptight the whole day, wanting everything to be perfect, and all of us to be dressed in our finest clothes.

I slip on my dress *up top* and slide on some plain black flats. After I'm done, I apply some Chapstick on my lips. I don't really like wearing makeup. And then a flashback comes...

"Leah? Where are you?" Isabelle calls from the hallway.

I freeze in my spot in front of the mirror. She can't see me like this. I ignore her calls and proceed to put on some of my mothers blush. Right when I try to put it down, I accidentally drop the blush and it makes a huge noise.

"Shoot" I wince and Isabelle comes into my room.

"Leah! What are you doing!?" She gasps at the sight of me.

"I wanna look pretty, just like mommy" I hide my face, but she lifts my chin up.

"You don't need makeup to look pretty. You're already so pretty, and you're gonna be even prettier when you're older!" Isabelle puts her hand on my shoulder.

"You really think so" I bite my lip and my eyes go wide.

"I know so" Isabelle pulls me into a hug, and I hug her back.

"I love you Izzy" I mumble into her shoulder.

"I love you too, Leah" she hugs me even tighter...

I breathe in a shaky breath and start blinking. I can't cry, not right now, not when we have guests over. Looking down at my appearance, I brush out my dress and take in one more breath.

"I can do this" I whisper to myself and walk out of my room.

"You got this" I repetitively mumble to myself as I go down the stairs.

Once I reach the living room, all eyes are on me. I spot a middle aged woman

 I spot a middle aged woman

A man