Micah:

We stand outside looking up at the sky, clouds swirl and churn in a most unusual manner while the promise of lightning makes the hair on the back of my neck and arms stand on end. The wind is roaring with an almost animalistic growl as the light fades leaving the evening unnaturally dark. Lightning flashes and hits somewhere in the trees, thunder rolls like a roar of rage as the light from the flash lingers. An instant of darkness, then the unmistakable sound of Sam roaring with rage as the lightning flashes almost continuously light up the trees eerily. I see a form racing from the trees, arms and legs churning to keep balance as a glance is taken back over a shoulder. My cat charges forward taking control while I am still in human form as I recognise Sasha, I run out to meet her and her face is colourless as she gasps for breath looking back the way she came.

"Ray ... dingos ... Wades p.... place," Sasha gasps breathlessly.

My heart stands still for a moment before starting again at a racing pace. I can feel adrenaline surging through my body, my muscles and bones already trying to reshape themselves as I swing my head to look at the warriors who are right behind me.

"Timny and Justine to the house take Sasha with you. Donovan get the boys and Lilly to the house and stay there. Everyone else! Change!"

I feel my own change hit me swiftly throwing me to my hands and knees, the adrenaline speeds my change but I wait for the first of the others to complete their changes before leading the way into the tree line at a full run. As I reach the first of the trees I slow slightly as I follow the winding trail, ahead flashes of lightening continue to light the underbrush in a strange almost constant light. Rain pours from the sky but very little seems to strike me in the face and no trace of Sasha's recent passing is visible. I round a stand of trees and see dark heaving masses in the distance, I snarl savagely and push to top speed. My cat focuses on where a lone black form stands facing a huge dingo, I see her back feet move slightly on the spot. Time seems to slip into slow motion as a dark blur seems to pull Rosy forward in a leap at the canine. Her movements are blurred as front paws lash out with claw unsheathed. I hear howls of pain come from the dingo even as it flinches away from the attack.

I barely see the other fights I by pass, everything is focused on saving my mate. I don't roar to announce my presence instead I save my breath for the battle ahead. I see the moment Rosy catches sight of me, the way her eyes light up as she still to look at me. A lanky pale dingo hits her from the side and I watch in horror as they roll to the side. The huge dingo is joined by another smaller were and they too go after my mate. I am relieved to see Rosy leap away as she heads for a tree but I am surprised when she uses it as a spring board to launch herself at the largest enemy as she turns around. They go down in a tangle of legs and tails as I descend on the dingo that had attacked her, he snaps and snarls but the force of my charge and my superior weight crushes him to the ground. I manage to get a hold on his injured shoulder and he yelps like a pup as I shake him viciously. He is still screaming with pain as I drop him and a swift bite crushes his back paralysing his from just behind the front shoulders.

A large form hits me from the side, teeth ripping at my neck as we go down in a heap. I struggle and surge upwards, bending his neck backwards as I try to break his

hold. I don't have time to look around for the other dingo as I struggle to break the grip of his jaws. As I face the huge beast I can see the telltale signs of some mastiff breed in the heavy head and body. It lunges for me and I leap to the side slashing with claws as he dashes past. Again and again he lunges for me but I manage to dodge him even as I worry about Rosy. I can't see her, can't take my attention from the massive beast before me. Finally I get the chance I have been waiting for, I latch onto his shoulders as he goes by, my jaws clamping on his neck just before where it meets with his shoulders. My teeth sink deep and I feel them hit bone, I swipe one claw tipped paws across his face pulling his head around towards me as I release the grip with my teeth. This time I feel my canines slide between the vertebrae of his neck and I bite down hard as I feel the resistance. His body tenses and he struggles to escape my hold, a crunch and then my teeth meet and the dead body goes limp beneath me.