"Wingardium LeviOsa." Ron whispered, emphasising the O. Hermione turned around and smiled at him, and applauded him slightly. The thing Harry folded was raised into the air. It was a paper plane. Ron made the plane turn and it faced towards Draco. Harry turned around to face Draco. Harry and Ron's faces were beaming, excited for whatever they were about to do. 

Harry looked at me and put his index fingers on his lips, telling me to keep quiet. I looked over at Draco resting on the desk. I looked back at Harry and made a zip motion over my lips, letting him know that I'll stay quiet. Ron's grin grew wider and he jerked his wand forward. This motion sent the paper plane flying directly at Draco. The point of the plane hit Draco's head, hard. Draco shot up from the desk and looked around. 

Harry and Ron quickly turned around and covered their faces, trying to silence their giggles. I covered my smile with my hand and laughed as Draco frantically searched for what hit his head.

"Who did that? What happened?" Draco asked sternly. Ron was hysterical. His face was redder than a tomato, and he was beating his hand against the desk from laughter. Draco stood up, causing his chair to fall behind him.

"Weasley!" He yelled. Ron stopped covering his mouth and his loud laughter echoed through the room. Other students laughed at Draco's flustered face. Draco got on the floor and crawled, looking for the plane. The whole class was laughing by now, except for Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle. I kept my smile covered as Draco found the plane. "What's this?" Draco shouted at Ron.

"Open it you bloody git!" Ron yelled back. Draco cursed at Ron under his breath and quickly unfolded the paper. I couldn't see the paper clearly, but it was a moving drawing of Draco. Whatever it was, it made Draco furious. Draco's grip on the paper caused it to rip, and the class let out an 'oooooh' sound. 

"Whatcha gonna do Malfoy? Cry to daddy about how a boy in your class drew a photorealistic picture of you!?" Ron teased. The class laughed at Ron and Draco's ears started turning pink with rage. Draco scrunched up the paper and ditched it at the ground. He pulled out his wand and pointed it straight a Ron. 

"You'll pay for this Weasley." Draco cursed. Before Draco could say the spell, Professor Moody bursted into class. 

"Malfoy! Sit down now before I give you 3 months detention!" Moody yelled. Draco's expression turned from furious to frightened, and he shot straight down to his chair. However, because he knocked down his chair, he fell to the ground instead. The class laughed at Draco's silliness. "I don't tolerate comedians! Get up now or I'll make it 4 months!" Moody yelled. The class went silent and watched Draco fumble to pull up his chair and sit on it. That was probably the fastest I've ever seen him move.

"Alastor Moody." Professor Moody introduced. "Ex auror, and your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." He wrote his surname on the board. "I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story goodbye the end." He snapped. "When it comes to the dark arts I believe in the practical approach. But first which of you can tell me, how many unforgivable curses are there?" He asked the class.

Hermione spoke up. "Three, sir." She said.

"And why are they names so?" 

"Because they are unforgivable. The use of any one of them will-"

"-Earn you a one way ticket to Azkaban. Correct!" Professor Moody said. He wrote down what Hermione said on the chalkboard behind him. "The ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do, I say different. You need to be prepared. You need to know what you're up against!" Moody was raising his voice with each sentence. "Who can give me a curse? Weasley!" Moody called. Ron slowly stood up and looked at the professor. "Can you give us a curse?"

"W-well, my dad told me about one. The imperius curse..." Ron mumbled. Moody nodded and went to his desk at the front of the room. He pulled out a spider like bug and made it bigger. 

"Imperio!" He said aggressively. He waved his wand, and the bug followed the direction he pointed. Moody moved the bug onto peoples' desks, making them shriek and making others laugh. Moody pointed his wand at Ron, and the bug was on Ron's head. Ron whimpered and tried to look onto the top of his head. The class' laughter grew louder. Draco's laughter was louder than everyone else's. "What are you laughing at!?" Moody shouted. He pointed the wand at Draco, and the bug was right on his nose.

"Get it off! Get it off!" Draco begged repeatedly. I laughed at Draco's fear of such a harmless bug. The bug was moved onto my hand, and I laughed at the bug's tickling claws. 

"What should I do now?" Moody asked. He moved the bug above a jar of water. "Make her drown herself?" Moody brought the bug back into his hand. He talked to the class about how some of You-Know-Who's followers only did what he asked under the imperius curse. He called upon Neville to give another curse. 

"There's the cruciatus curse." Neville said with confidence. Moody put the bug on the table.

"Crucio!" He said. The bug let out tiny screeching noises and squirmed from the pain. Neville's face scrunched up. He looked pained. 

"What did I tell you, Diggory? Mad as a hatter." Draco whispered. I turned to him and leaned closer, so no one could hear me.

"What's wrong with Neville?" I asked Draco. Draco brushed me off and watched Moody. Hermione slammed her hands on the table.

"Stop it! It's bothering him!" She cried out. Moody noticed Neville's discomfort and stopped torturing the bug. 

"Would you like to give us the final curse, miss Granger?" Moody asked, placing the bug on her book. Hermione shook her head. "Avada kedavra." Moody muttered. A green light erupted from the tip of his wand and the bug was dead in seconds. Harry didn't take his eyes off the bug. "The killing curse. Only one person is known to survive it, and he's sitting in this room." Moody said. Draco scoffed and leaned back in his chair. 

Moody heard Draco and cast a spell in his direction. Draco grunted and his chair disappeared, making him fall on the floor. The class laughed at Draco. He stood up and pointed at Moody. 

"My father will hear about this!" He yelled. The signal for class finishing sounded, and everyone started packing up their things. Draco and I walked out of the class together, and went on our way to our next class: Charms. 

"I thought you were my friend, Diggory. You didn't stick up for me when everyone was laughing." Draco spat. What's this? He keeps whispering about me and staring at me like a weirdo and expects me to be his friend? Weren't we acquaintances?

"I thought we were acquaintances, Malfoy." I spat. Draco's eyes widened.

"You're a pure-blood, aren't you?" He asked. I nodded and he smirked. "Good, then you are my friend." He said. I looked at him in disgust. I shook my head and walked quickly away from him. "What did I say?" He called out after me. I ignored him and kept walking to class.

Blood purity does not reflect one's personality. The fact that Draco could confirm a friendship based on blood purity makes me sick.

And I want nothing to do with him.