Chapter 1 - Dance Class

"Marinette, your developpe a la seconde to attitude is looking graceful and effortless. Keep it up, darling," said the dance teacher in her calming tone. I was always reassured by her voice, and when given criticism from her, it never made me feel sad. It fueled me to improve my form. Since I realized my potential at the ripe age of 10, dance is all I've known, ballet specifically. Just a few months ago, I finished the training for pointe and can now be on the tip of my toes fully. Although seeming quite simple, being on point is complex and takes at least four years of training. You must train your ankles and be strong enough the sustain being on your toes.

Anyways, class was done for the day. Everyone has been so serious, the tension in the class room is high. Auditions for the popularly known "Swan Lake" are taking place soon and every girl is determined to land the lead role of Odette. It is pretty much known that the beautiful and amazing Adrien Agreste will be getting the role of Prince Siegfried, and as many girls find him attractive, would do anything to dance with him. I must place myself into that category, also. I would sell my soul just to be able to do a dance with him, allowing his hands to wrap around my waist and lift me into a beautiful image of grace and elegance. As is everyone else, I am certain to get that part.

"Come on, Mari. We have homework to get to," I hear my best friend say. Her name is Alya and she's a beginner in ballet, as I've gotten her intrigued in the dance genre. She's been in classes for about two months now and I couldn't be prouder. Every once in a while, I help her on my free time.

I pick up my bags and begin to head out when I see golden-blonde hair that catches my eye. I know who it is already and can't help but stare. He looks in my direction and smiles, waving towards me. I just about die. I wave back awkwardly and I find myself being dragged away from the scene by Alya. She laughs at me and I get flustered, my cheeks being stained a light red hue.

"If you like him all that much, just tell him," she says to me with a bit of laughter. "That's easy for you to say. I don't have the type of confidence you have, Alya," I respond, my head down. "Snap out of it, girl! With that attitude, nothing will get better," the girl willing gives her advice. I smile, thanking her for her words. Her phone goes off, causing he to check it.

"Hey, Mari, you think you can take a rain check on our study date tonight? Nino just asked me to go to this totally awesome night club with him!" She says in an exited tone. I couldn't help but be envious. The two have been dating for a while, and I can tell it's getting serious. "I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you came," she added. My eyes lit up, and all of a sudden I was excited as well. "I would love to!" I responded. "Alright then, be ready by 8 o'clock," she tells me.

I don't get out often, because I'm almost always at the dance studio. We go our separate ways and I get started on my way home. It was getting a bit dark and the temperature had dropped. I looked around, always being conscious of my surroundings. I was never sure of who or what could jump out at me. I start hearing eerie noises and multiple men talking, making me a bit afraid. I then realize while I was deep in thought, I took a wrong turn and found myself in an alleyway. It was something right out of a horror movie.

"Yo, look at this girl," I heard someone say. I froze up and hoped to God that they weren't referring to me. I heard some laughs and was all of a sudden surrounded by a group of men dressed in attire that wasn't very nice. I just kept walking forward, but my exit was blocked by the tall men. "Where you going, pretty girl? I could use myself someone like you," he grabbed my forearm. I shook it off quickly, not being someone who is easily taken advantage of.

"I have no interest in you men. Please let me leave," I said shakily. I was terrified, but tried to take it cool. I had nothing to use as a weapon and was wearing only garments that would be worn to practice in. I secretly hoped for a savior of some sort, thinking of all the negative results that could happen. That's when things began to go my way.

"Yea, do what the lady said," a voice said from a ways away. I was confused, to say the least. It wasn't normal to hear a random voice coming from no where, especially in an alley way. A man, filtered by the dark shadows of the alley revealed himself. He wore mostly black, with bits of green here and there, and had cat ears adorning his hoodie that was pulled up. Black makeup surrounded his eyes, as if a mask. His eyes were of a viridescent hue and his blonde hair was messy. His clothing was relatively baggy, fit for physical activity.

"Whatever, I'm bored," said one of the guys, gesturing for the other guys to follow. I was relieved; that could've ended so badly. The boy ran his hand through his hair, causing the hood to fall. He swiftly pulled it back up and looked at me. He gave me a grin that was playful.

"Um, thank you..." I said awkwardly. "I'll just be going now," I added quickly after, beginning to walk alway. I felt him grab my wrist and pulled me gently to a wall. "Don't you think I deserve an award for saving you, princess?" He stated, smirking. At first I was angry, but then quickly realized he was only trying to get a kiss.

"Aw, yes, a prize..." he had released my wrist and I slickly slid under his arm that confined me. "Perhaps another time?" I responded with an equally evil smirk. I began to walk off and waved to the boy who stayed behind me. I heard his footsteps and looked back to see nothing there. He was gone.

Perhaps our paths will cross again.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone! Here's a new story I have for you guys!! Please give me your feedback and comment and rate. I hope you guys enjoyed it just as much as I did writing it 😄😄