Dinner With The Greens.

Start from the beginning

She pursed her lips, "Right. First name?"

Seriously? You don't even know my name? What kinda teacher are you?

Then again, I was new to the school. Non the less, the town. "Ray."

"Are you new to town?"

I gritted my teeth, more and more question. Couldn't this bitch just stick her nose out of my busines? It's like she wanted me to explode in anger, seeing as she wore that same little smile. I can wipe that smirk off you, if you like. "Yup."

"Welcome then. I have a feeling you and me are going to get along great." She then turned back to the board, and began teaching a lesson I was the least bit interested in.

--------------

"Well, Ms. Gonzalez seems to like you." Dustin mused, as we stood in line to get lunch.

Ever since this mornings events, everybody who passed me, teased me, saying, 'Looks like Ms. Gonzalez has her next victim.'

Apparently, each year, Ms. Gonzalez took a special..liking to one student. And made their life a living hell. Too bad mine already was.

And it's not like I'd be sticking around for long to let Ms. Gonzalez victimise me.  "Yeah, totally."

He chuckled at my sarcastic comment, and grabbed his tray right after he paid, I did the same, paying with the money Gabby had gave me then made my way with Dustin to a table.

I took my place, sitting in front of Dustin.

I picked lazily with a plastic fork at my pizza, Dustin right away noticed my mode. "Not hungry?"

I shook my head. "No, it's not that. Just..thinking."

Dustin chuckled, and took a bite of his own pizza. "You can't think and eat at the same time? Should I be worried?" He said, with a mouth full of food.

I scrunched my face up in disgust. "Should I be alarmed you have no manners?"

He laughed, then closed his mouth, swallowing down his food. "You sound like my mom."

"Speaking about your mom, how is she?" I asked, actually curious to see how she was doing.

"She's doing good. Looking forward to tonight. You have no idea how many times she's questioned me if you're my girlfriend."

I laughed, "Why would she think that?"

"I don't know. She said the way I look at you, is the way my father use to look at her, when they were in love." He shrugged casually like it was no big deal. And I nodded, agreeing with him silently that it was no big deal a well. But I couldn't stop myself from asking,

"The way your father use to look at her?"

Dustin seemed to grow stiff at my question, but what did he expect? Did he think he could just bring up his father, and I wouldn't ask?

But then, I remembered how I hated when people asked about my..parents. The way it felt. "I'm sorry, that was really nosey for me. You don't have to tell me."

Dustin quickly shook his head, "No. It's okay. My dad..he left us when I was smaller. When my mom was diagnosed with cancer. We still hear from him, though. He sends cash, and talks on the phone with us. Mostly with Decklin."

"It seems everybody has a missing parent around here." I mumbled, and Dustin chuckled.

"Yeah, I guess." He replied, then went back to eating his food silently, looking like he was thinking.