Chapter 9: For the love of children

"Nicolas! Stop it!" Sophia screamed as she ran though the house laughing as he chased her. They felt like a couple of kids again. She had tripped over the rug, and before she could fall he was there catching her. Even in his arms after tripping she was laughing uncontrollably, as was he. His laughter died down as he looked at her, as did her's when their eyes met. He gently laid her down on his lap as he sat on the oriental rug and kissed her. Only to pull away slightly and whisper

"Caught you." Against her lips. She smiled as he pressed his lips again to hers. After that night in the hospital she wouldn't dare even look at those horrendous pills. She slept with him, if she had an issue she told him, if he wasn't there she would miss him, and when he was there she would love him. She was happy, and so was he. And that was the first time in a very long time that either of them were truly happy. They had each other, they had love. She giggled into the kiss and he pulled away and laughed.

"What?" He questioned, kissing her cheek.

"Oh nothing. I was just having so much fun as all. " she spoke. He just shook his head slightly and smiled.

"You are truly a strange woman." He spoke pecking her on the lips.

"Oh but you love me for it.." She trailed off looking into his eyes.

"That I do Miss. Drake. That I do." He spoke. She was still lying in his lap as he sat on the floor. Her hair dangling down, spreading across the floor as she looked up at him.

"You are beautiful Cara Mia." he spoke in a whisper, stroking her dark hair. She was still wearing an old white nightgown that only went to about her mid thigh, she hadn't bothered to change considering Nicolas awoke her, and then began chasing her. Her hair was slightly knotty from tossing and turning durning the night, and she was wearing no make up.

"Oh but dear, you are the strange one. For I look horrible. You can't possibly think I look beautiful." She spoke looking at him, watching his expression change into sincerity.

"Oh but Amoré, (love) you do.. You are most beautiful when you don't try. You are lovely." He said leaning down and pressing his lips to hers softly, then pulling away. It was as if she couldn't get enough of his kisses. She brought her head up and moved her hair to the side. Nicolas was watching in wonder. What was she doing? She then sat upon his lap, straddling him. His back was lent against the chair in the library. The fireplace lighting each others features in the darkness, considering the library had no windows. She watched his eyes change into a darker shade of blue at her new position.

"The fire is warm, yes?" She asked. His eyes were still trailing her body on top if him.

"Yes.." He spoke.

"Well, since the fire is so very warm, maybe you should take off your jacket..." She trailed off, fiddling with the collar of his white button up shirt, that was shown underneath his suit jacket. He smiled at her. She was trying to persuade him to undress. She smiled back at him, her eyes looking into his as she placed her hands delicately on either side of his open jacket, sliding it down his arms. When it was off he draped it over the arm of the chair. She ran her hands down his muscular arms, feeling hard muscle underneath the fabric of his shirt. Her hands moved to his tie, she watched him as she loosened it slowly. She untied it and draped it over the chair in the same fashion as his jacket.

"Better?" She asked running a finger over the side of his neck. He shivered at the contact.

"Much.." He whispered with a smirk. He smelt of spicy cinnamon. The smell of him was intoxicating, going straight to her mind and driving her mad with desire. She placed her lips to his neck as her fingers slowly undid the buttons of his shirt. He ran his hand, to her now, bare thigh. Her nightgown had ridden up. He made a low sound of pleasure from deep within his throat as she began to lick and suck on the sensitive part of his neck. His grip tightened on her thigh as he began to rub soothing circles with his thumb. Her left arm came up and she rested her hand on the side of his face. His eyes were closed, trying desperately not to take control, flip her over and make desperate love to her on the floor of his library. He felt the warm air fan his chest, signaling she had gotten his shirt open. The warm air was now replaced by her warm hand as she removed it from his face and ran her fingers down his stomach. She felt his muscles bulging from Beneath his skin, as she felt something else bulging beneath his trousers. He didn't know how long he could take it, not being in control. She slid his shirt off of his arms and threw it somewhere in the room.