Chapter 7: Desires

She was almost in a state of shock. She couldn't believe what had just happened. Everyone looked at him like he was a mad man. Maybe in an instance he was, but not to her. To her he was just a wounded human being, a wounded man, with imperfect, perfect qualities, that made her fall for him. It was as if he was made just to love her, and her to love him.

"Nicolas. Are you alright?" She asked timidly as they entered the dark hallway leading to the library. No one was around, and the light turned off, only the glow from the lights at the end of the hall. However, it was more dark than it was light.

"No. I am not alright. They don't have a right to treat you like some poor scum, let alone your family. I'm sorry for my parents, cara. Are you alright?" He asked stopping in the middle of that long dark hall, and even through the darkness, there was a haunting glow of his icy blue gaze, the same gaze that melted her soul. However, his gaze was now fiery. Anger. Passionate anger. The kind that only a hurt soul could muster. His hand gripped her upper arm.

"Are you going to answer me?" He spoke, his voice was not gentle, however it did not scare her. He hated it when she didn't reply quickly, he hated it when anyone did really.

"I-I'm sorry, i-I'm okay." She spoke her eyes capturing his, and her breath was caught in her throat, so much passion lived in that sight. She couldn't tell you what for. Was it the anger? Was it sadness? Was it her? That's when he took her off guard and pressed her to the wall forcefully. Her eyes widened when she hit the wall and the air from her lungs fled into a gasp that escaped her lips. Yet, her eyes hadn't left his. He lent close to her ear and whispered.

"Tell me cara, are you frightened of me?"

She trembled Beneath him like a leaf. She tore her eyes away from his icy gaze to the dark wooden flooring that shined with that small amount of light at their feet. Again, he placed his four fingers under her chin, and making her look to him once more.

"Are you frightened of me, Sophia?" He whispered again in her ear, his hot breath caressing the side of her neck. She hadn't known how to answer, until his lips replaced his breath and were now running along her neck. She closed her eyes blissfully and let out a sigh.

"No." She whispered into the darkness. He brought his head up slightly, and kissing her earlobe as he whispered back.

"You should be..."

His hands traced the outline of her body as he pressed his sensual lips to hers. On her dress there had been a long slit that went from her upper thigh to the bottom of the silky fabric that lie on the floor. Nicolas' left hand slowly came across it. He traced his fingers open fabric, letting his fingertips brush against the bare skin of her thigh. He allowed his hand to move the material out of the way to get better access to the bareness of her skin, and he gently caressed her thigh.

"We shouldn't do this here..." She trailed off in a whisper. He closed his eyes, leaning back and sighing.

"You're right Cara Mia. My apologies." He spoke.

She turned her head away from him as he caressed her cheek. With that, he left her. She watched him walk down the dark hall and into the light. Once she could no longer see him, she slid down the wall and onto the floor. Her mind raced. She knew that neither of them truly loved each other yet, she knew so very much. They may have been falling for each other, but didn't love. She then thought of the way he kissed her. When he pressed his lips to hers, her mind stopped, and she hated that he had control over her, because he in fact had control over everything else in this temporary world. However, that didn't stop her from falling in love with him, in which she knew she was.