10 | beautiful boys

"hey, man," he entered his room without knocking.

"the hell are you here for?"

"i brought you your favorite rice meal," a puckered brow flaunts in his face as he puts the food on his side table and sat beside his bed. "your mom and i brought you here in the hospital yesterday. she called me after seeing the punctures on your wrist. you tryna die?"

"i'm none of your business, anyway," he told him, flatly. "get out of this room, will you?"

he looked at him irritably.

"i helped you because i don't want you dead. if i wanted you six feet under, i'll just let you die in your room with cold blood seeping out of your skin, but did i? why the cold treatment?"

"as if you give a damn."

"if this is about us, i'm sorry. i can't take it in having a relationship with someone like y—"

"you're not the same person you used to be, you know?" he cut his statement.

"how could you say that?"

"you used to mean something in my world. you used to protect me before. you used to be beautiful by what you say and by what you are. your eyes used to show promises and commitment i thought you intend to keep. . ."

". . . but what? you just dragged me through the mud," he continued.

". . .i gave you the dominance to do whatever you wanted with me," he said. "you don't do that with people you don't love."

he rolled his eyes heavenwards. "can't you just like, man the fuck up? you're handsome and you could sweep girls off their feet!" he stated imploringly, hoping that he can change him.

"but with that attitude you're showing off,  i realized that i'm not your prisoner anymore, he replied. "i'm releasing myself from the prison i locked myself into; and it's you."

he just stared at him, realizing he set a light in his once sane mind.

he doesn't want to lose him, but he knows that they'll never last.

like salt melting away into seawater, they'll both disappear in a flash, leaving behind a bad taste.

he can't change his point of view. he is not a man from a book whose opinions can be controlled and rewritten, he can't re-do their relationship because of plot errors, and he can't alter the tone of their story.

what is, will be, and what was, will constantly be.

"thank you for showing me your true colour," he lets out a sigh, ". . .and making me realize that it was you that was mistaken, and not my feelings."

"because of you, i unloved myself. . . but today, i vow to not make the same mistake again."

he concluded,

as he embraced a whole new world in his heart;

a whole new world that is growing

today.