Chapter Twenty-Nine

Nidhi's POV

"Carter?" I asked in shock.

"The one and only." He said with a sneer as he pushed me against the wall.

"Don't touch me!" I said as I tried to push him away from me.

"No, no Nidhi...don't push the hungry beast away, it only aggravates it more." he said.

"Carter, please let me go!" I pleaded. Carter suddenly groped my breast and I let out a cry of surprise.

"HOW DARE-" I raised my hand to slap him but he caught it and twisted it behind my back. Then he traced his disgustingly cold fingers on my bare back. Damn you saree!

"Nidhi, it's dark and I really can't see your ugliness but you have a pretty hot body. I want to have fun tonight." Carter said, slowly raising up the pallu of my saree. Tears pricked my eyes. I had to escape from this torture. Think Nidhi, think!

Then I remembered. I had a sharp clip in my hair from my hairdo. If I could hit him with it, then I could escape right? Just as Carter was about to unpin my pallu, I rammed my head as hard as possible into his skull. Since he wasn't much taller than me, it hit his nose.

"OWWWWW!" He yelled and abruptly let go of me. I turned around and kneed him where the sun didn't shine and ran for my life. It was hard because I was wrapped like a mummy in this saree but I somehow managed to escape from the alley. I ran across the park and was about to cross the street when someone grabbed my hand.

It was Naina.

"Naina? I don't have time for this. Let me go." I said, trying to get her to leave my hand.

"You aren't going anywhere." she said. Then she whipped out her cell.

"Carter, I have her."

Randhir's POV

I finished my performance onstage. After the endless applause I received, my eyes only searched for one person. The love of my life. But she was nowhere to be seen?

I walked backstage and found Neel and Meera locked in a passionate embrace. I took a quick photo to tease Neel with it later and then cleared my throat. They jumped back and looked away in embarrassment.

"As much as I would like to tease you about this, I have more important things to do at the moment. Has any of you seen Nidhi?" I asked.

"She was right here like two minutes ago." Meera said, confused.

"So she left after you guys were all over each other? I don't blame her." I said with a smirk.

"Bro, you are making this sound worse than it even is." Neel said, punching my shoulder.

"She might be in the bathroom, let me check." Meera said and left. I checked backstage and tried her cell. But her bag was on the floor and vibrating from the cell. I pulled it out and saw that she had left her cell here.

"Neel, she left her cell here. I wonder where she is?" I said, concern lacing my voice. I felt something clench at my heart. I knew something was wrong here.

"She isn't in the bathroom." Meera said, breathlessly as she ran inside the backstage room. I walked outside the backstage room and checked the corridor. Then I checked the back entrance from the college. Nidhi's earring was on the floor. That meant that she had gone outside?

"NIDHI!" I yelled out, trying to find her. Panic flooded me. Where was she?

Nidhi's POV

My head whipped up to meet Naina's scornful eyes as she ended the call. She looked at me with a sneer.