Chapter Twenty-Seven

Nidhi's POV

I pulled my scarf across my neck tightly to battle the harsh wind that was blowing on my face. I entered Sky and Stars and signed in with my id at the front desk     . After a glimpse at my flushed face, I went into the kids room and greeted the kids.

"Hi!" I said cheerily. The kids instantly put me in a good mood and greeted me with a bunch of hugs. There was a bunch of congratulations going around.

"Why are you congratulating me?" I asked them.

"You are dating a cute guy, that's why." Sia said, next to me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, perplexed.

"Where's the ring that you should be wearing didi?" Tanvi asked me, taking my hand.

"Tanvi, I never wore any ring, what are you talking about?" I asked her.

"The ring Randhir bhai was supposed to give you?" she asked me.

"Randhir? Hold on. I think you have misunderstood." I said.

"What?" Janice, the other trainee asked next to me.

"Randhir never proposed to me. You must have gotten it mixed up with my twin Naina." I said, stretching out the last words in front of me.

"No di, look here. Sia di, give me your phone." Tanvi said. Sia handed her the phone and Tanvi pulled up the picture. I swear, this generations kids are getting so smart with technology!

"Here di!" Tanvi showed me. It showed all the preparations from yesterday and the biggest shock was the banner that read 'Will you be mine, Nidhi?'.

"This, This isn't true!" I said.

"Nidhi, it is though. Randhir was supposed to propose to you yesterday." Sia said.

"How do you know?" I asked her. She told me everything that she knew.

*Sia's POV from Last Night*

"Di! Look, there is Saif! Let me say hi to him." Tanvi said next to me. I let her go happily. As I walked towards her and Saif, I looked at all the preparations made next to me. Looked like someone was going to propose to someone else. Then I spotted Randhir with another guy?

Randhir went to high school with me and I worked in his father's company as an intern before deciding that I wanted to work in childcare. It was so shocking to see Randhir after all these years, because we were good friends when I worked in the company and then we lost touch.

"Randhir?" I called out to him.

"Sia? Is that you?" he asked, walking to me. We shared a friendly hug and then I faced him.

"Are you proposing to someone?" I asked him.

"Yes." he said, his cheeks reddening slightly.

"Oh wow! You were such an anti-girl person back in high school and here you are, finally proposing to someone! Show me her picture." I said, excitedly.

He showed me a selfie that the two of them had taken. Nidhi?

"Wait, let me get this straight. You are proposing to Nidhi?" I asked him.

"You know her?" he asked me.

"Yes, I work at Sky and Stars and she volunteers with me! Wow, superb choice I must say. She is a wonderful person." I said. I had a lot of respect for Nidhi and she was a miracle around the kids.

Then Tanvi went up to Randhir and they had a little conversation along with Saif. Randhir showed her the ring and it was simple and beautiful, just like Nidhi.