Chapter Six

Nidhi's POV

After the victory, we walked back into the orientation room where the instructor put up the winners and who we would compete with next. There were only eight teams left. The two teams that were disqualified couldn't solve the equation. After addressing the crowd and dismissing us, we decided to go out for dinner because we were really hungry from the day's hard work. We asked Derek sir if he wanted to join but he wanted to rest so all of us were going instead.

"We should go to that classy Italian restaraunt that we passed on our way here." Joyce said.

"I agree." Mason said.

We decided to meet back in an hour to go out for dinner. The time was intended for rest but the girls used the time differently.

"I have to impress Carter." said Kate. She pulled out a sheer sleeveless black dress and went to get dressed.

"I'm sure Mason would like this." said Nina, pulling out a short skirt and a blazer. She went to do her hair.

"Hey Nidz, do you think Jake will like this nail polish color?" asked Joyce. The girls called me Nidz, and I hated it. Oh well.

"I doubt he would actually care." I said.

Then Meera stepped out in a gorgeous pink one shoulder dress.

"Neel will like this." she said, taking out the curling iron from Kate's bag.

"You too Meera?" I asked in disbelief.

"What, the guys are hot!" They said in unison.

"You know Nidz, you and Randhir would make a hot couple." said Kate.

"Me, and Randhir. Are you crazy? He can barely stay in my presence without an argument." I said.

"Now leave all that and get ready." Meera said.

"I am ready!" I said. I was wearing a pink and yellow kurti top with pink leggings. I let my hair down so it would look fancier and wore a pair of elegant silver drop earrings so it would look elegant.

"Are you out of your mind? This isn't an Indian restaurant for you to wear your tunic tops! Now change!" Nina said in shock.

The girls pulled me away from the spot in my bead. Meera tossed me a baby pink lace top and a pair of black leggings. Joyce tossed me a necklace and a pair of hoops to go with it. Nina began to do my hair when Kate did my makeup.

"Guys! I don't want to-"

"No talking." Meera said.

After my complete makeover, my hair was down in soft waves. Kate had done some simple eyeliner and pink eyeshadow to finish the look. The baby pink looked great. I liked it but it wasn't me. Well, I might just enjoy it for tonight.

I slipped on my pair of black flats and the girls deemed me as 'ready to go'. We walked downstairs where the boys were also dressed in formal dress shirts. I guess everyone wanted to make an impression.

Carter walked over to me and kissed my hand. "You look beautiful today." he said.

"Thanks." I said, and took my hand out of his hold. He was eyeing me in a creepy, perverted way and I didn't like it. Randhir spotted my discomfort.

"Guys, let's go. I am starving." he said, looking at me. Everyone agreed and Kate dragged Carter away from me. Randhir walked over to where I was standing.

"Thanks Randhir." I said.

"Who said I did it for you? I was starving so I said it." he said and got into the car. I smiled at him.