Chapter Seventeen

Randhir's POV

I looked at Nidhi's smiling face as I sang Sanam Re. She looked so happy and I was feeling very happy and content. Maybe a little too happy and content.

I couldn't help but wonder, is this the calm before the storm?

I went to Nidhi after finishing the song. She held the baby in her arms and was cooing with her.

"How was it?" I asked her.

"You were just too good! I never knew you could sing so well!" she said genuinely. I smiled nonchalantly but internally, I could feel a million fireworks go off in my chest. Then I looked past her.

No, It couldn't be.

The woman stepped forward from the shadows. She had aged a little since the last time I saw her. She was dressed elegantly in a purple and white saree with her hair in a bun. There was heavy makeup slathered across her face and her expression was one of remorse. I clenched my arms in fury.

"Randhir, please calm down." Nidhi said next to me, clutching my arm with her free hand. I faced her, my face red.

"What. is. that. woman. doing. here." I asked slowly.

"I don't know Randhir but please don't make a scene in front of everyone." she pleaded. Only for her, I would keep quiet. I nodded, turned the other direction and went towards Neel.

Nidhi's POV

After Randhir walked away in anger, Randhir's mom came towards me.

"Where is my beta?" she asked.

"Aunty, I am afraid he isn't a position to speak to you." I tried telling her.

"And who are you to tell me that? He is my son." Aunty asked.

"She is someone very special to me. DON'T YOU DARE SPEAK TO HER THAT WAY!" Randhir boomed from behind. Everyone turned to face us.

"Randhir, please. Shaant ho jao. (Calm Down)" I said. I handed he baby to Meera who stood next to Neel. Aashna di and Akhil bhai came over to us.

"Maa?" Akhil bhai said in shock.

"Namaste Mummyji." Aashna spat out in distaste. I could see the entire family hated her.

"I need to speak with Randhir. It's very important. Can't I ever be forgiven for what I have done?" Aunty asked.

"I will never be your son, nor you be my mother. And I am not willing to speak with you right now." Randhir said. His eyes were wild and erratic.

"Please be-" Aunty tried.

"DON'T CALL ME BETA! I AM NOT YOUR BETA!" Randhir raged. I held onto his arm tightly, trying to calm him down.

"This the way to speak your mother?" One of the loud aunties from before exclaimed.

"She is not my mother! She was never there for me when I needed her, so why should I obey her now?" Randhir said.

"Maa, I think it would be best if you left." Akhil bhai said.

"Are you throwing me out of your house?" Aunty asked in shock.

"Nahi Maa, I don't want to make a scene now. We will discuss this later." Akhil bhai said. Aunty walked out of the house, angrily.

"Party's over. I hope you had a nice time." David said. Everyone whispered amongst themselves and left the house. Randhir stormed downstairs to the basement. Then the baby began to cry.

"I think she needs to be fed." Aashna di said and went off to feed her. Akhil bhai followed her upstairs. That left Neel, Meera and I. We began cleaning the place along with David. Aashna di was too exhausted to cook so we had curd rice with pickle and extra samosas. Meera went to send up the plates to Bhai and Di's room. Neel had to make a call so that left me with the task of consoling Randhir.

I went downstairs with the plate of food. But after the sight in front of me, I couldn't even carry the plate properly.

Randhir was boxing without gloves. His knuckles were bloodied and his tie was undone. His hair was flying everywhere and looked furious.

"How Dare She! How can she come back into my life and act as if everything is normal again?" he said, punching the bag. I set the plate down and ran to him.

"Randhir, Randhir STOP!" I said. He kept punching the bag until I came in between. He almost punched me but stopped.

"What are you trying to do? Get yourself killed? Now move." he said in anger. I just hugged him wordlessly. He smelled of sweat, blood and a tinge of the cologne from the evening. He resisted at first but fell against me, his body limp.

"Why did she come back? Does she want to torture me?" he asked me, burying his head into my shoulder.

"Shh..." I said rubbing his back. He calmed down and I had him sit down on the couch. He stared straight ahead as I brought the first aid kit. I applied the antiseptic first. He winced slightly but adjusted to the pain. Then I wrapped his knuckles in gauze.

"That actually hurts. I couldn't feel it when I punched the bag but I feel it now." he admitted. Then I brought him his food.

"It hurts." he whined.

"Then why do you hurt yourself in the first place?" I asked him. I began to slowly feed him and he relished it.

"My mom never used to feed me like this." he said, a sad smile on his face. I put a hand on his shoulder.

"You don't have-" He stopped me. "I want you to know.

"My mom was always busy for me. She never spent time with me at all, sometimes not coming home for months together. She claimed to be at the company but she was the CEO. She could surely take some time off. I began to investigate into the matter. Then I found out about her multiple affairs. She had children with these people. She had cheated on my dad. In revenge, my dad eloped with another woman and is now living with her in Belgium with two children of his own. In between my mothers affair and my fathers affair, they forgot about me. The sad child. I was eternally alone in the house. David was the only one who cared for me. He was kind of like the father I never had. Then Akhil bhai discovered about me and Aashna di decided to take me in. Since then, I have been living with them. If it weren't for them, I would be nowhere." he said, a tear rolling down his cheek.

"Randhir." I said, hugging him tightly. He hugged me back. Then he set his head on my lap, and I stroked his head. He slowly drifted off to sleep, a peaceful look on his face.

A/N: Hey Guys! How was the chapter? Sorry for the short length!

1) Randhir's Mom wants her son back? Why?

2) Randhir's past is finally out! What did you think?

3) Nidhi is such a sweet friend to Randhir! Don't you agree?

Please keep voting and commenting!