Chapter 17

I woke up to the loud noise of a beeping alarm

I woke up to the loud noise of a beeping alarm. I groaned and searched the bed for my phone. I found Brendon laying next to me. I smiled while he was still sleeping. I found the alarm and turned it off. He was still sound asleep and I kissed his lips. His eyes fluttered open. When he saw it was me he smiled.

"Good Morning, Alana " he had a sexy deep morning voice. He checked his clock and rolled out of bed. He was only wearing boxers and I saw a tent emerging from them. My cheeks became red. "It's not like you haven't seen it before," he rolled his eyes and grabbed some clothes from his drawers.

"What am I supposed to wear?" I asked him. He shrugged and threw a pair of sweatpants at me.

"I guess you can borrow one of my hoodies and you can wear your tank top under it. We need to stop by your house and pick up some clothes," he threw a sweat shirt at me. I nodded and slipped on the fresh pair of sweatpants. I put on my converse and went into the bathroom. I looked disgusting. I had a shower the night before so I was clean but my hair was a mess and I didn't have a hair brush.

"Bren, do you got a hairbrush?" I called down the hall.

"Under the sink," he called back. I heard a shower start somewhere else in the house. I went under the sink and saw a small tooth pick comb. I sighed and left it under the sink. Looks like I'm going to wear a bun today. I looked like I was wearing the most laziest clothing attire today. I shrugged and brushed my teeth with a fresh toothbrush I found under his sink. I went downstairs and put on my tank top and Brendon's sweat shirt. I made two bowls of cereal and flipped through my phone. Most of my notifications were texts from my mom but I ignored most of them. I just texted her and said I was going to stop by and get some clothing later that day. I spooned the cereal into my mouth and kept scrolling through Facebook. Brendon came downstairs with dress pants and a button down on. He had a tie in his hand.

"Thanks for the cereal," he quickly spooned the cereal into his mouth and scrolled through his phone.

I set my phone down and looked at him.

"This is crazy to me still," I told him.

He looked down at the cereal,"the corn flakes?"

I chucked and shook my head,"no, just two weeks ago I thought you were the hottest teacher ever and I never thought-" I thought about what I was going to say.

"You never thought I thought you were the most beautiful student?"he grabbed onto my hips and whispered into my ear. I giggled and kissed him passionately. He let go and went back to his cereal. "But honestly, this is still kinda messed up."

I nodded. What he said slightly hurt but I knew it was true. "Yeah, this teacher student relationship is a little weird if you think about it."

He nodded back to me and put both of our bowls into the sink. "We should be leaving now."

I looked at the clock. School didn't start until another hour.

I assume he saw the look of astonishment when he looked at my face. "I need to be there early, I am a teacher," he informed me.

"What am I supposed to do?" I asked him.

He shrugged. "Go hangout with your friends before school starts. Take your bus home so I can pick you up from your house." I nodded and we proceeded to his car where he drove us to school. It felt weird having to act like we didn't know each other at school. I felt nervous starting my last week of high school ever. My palms started to sweat.

"Don't worry, babe," Brendon reassured me. I ignored him and stared at the big building before me.

"I'll see you later," Brendon swiftly kissed my cheek and got out of the car. He went into school and it started. We had to act like practical strangers to one another. It killed me to act like I didn't love him. It killed me not to be in his arms 24/7.

I got out of his car and proceeded into the building. I saw a picture of Josh when I walked in. Oh yeah, he's dead. The police informed me that I wouldn't be placed as the person in the car with him publicly. No one would know of the horrible things he did before his death. They would only remember him as the boy who was good at baseball.

I glanced around nervously. It was most of what people were talking about. The police told other kids that someone else was in the car and some kids were trying to make it their job to find out. I avoided eye contact.

I wasn't really friends with anyone. Of course I had people I talked to in class, but I had only moved to the school district about a year ago.

I hurried to my locker and quickly undid the lock. I felt a presence come behind me.

"Hey, Alana, what did you do this weekend?" An annoying girls voice chirped. I looked. I had my first hour class with her. I couldn't remember her name.

"Hey," I said quietly," Nothing much happened this weekend." I lied to this poor girl, and she did nothing to me.

"You do know me correct?" Her face was shown with amusement.

"Of course," I smiled. "Just lost in the thought of my finals."

She nodded understandingly. "Well my name is Claire."

I gave her a fake smile," Well, I need to start to get going."

"Alright," she nodded and I quickly scurried out of the way. I hurried into a bathroom and sat on a toilet seat. I was about to break I was so nervous. I took a deep breath and stepped out of the stall. I splashed cold water on my face and proceeded my day with nerves about anyone finding out about my weekend.