Chapter Eight

Kristine's P.O.V.

My eyebrow rose instinctively. How she somehow passed the note to me is beyond my knowledge because we have different classes as for Science. 'What could she possibly tell me?' I wondered. I was about to throw the note away when the someone snatched it "Hey" I was about to go on a full rant about privacy before I figured out it was our Professor, Mrs. Dubois, who snatched it. Well shit.

                         ~°~°~

After somehow talking my way out of detention and getting my ID back ( "I'm really sorry Mrs. Dubois. I swear it wont happen again" I said on the verge of crying because the woman got my ID. My fucking ID for passing notes. Like who does that?! "Ma'am please. I really need to keep my record clean" I plead pathetically. She looked at me once then sighed handing me back my ID "I expect this is the last time Ms. Lee" she said narrowing her eyes before smiling softly at me, going out of the room) I tried to think about the reason why Ira wanted to see me. There are tons of possibilities but I had an odd feeling that this would be about Josh. What about him? How would I know?

I quickly went to my last period, History, not forgetting to grab my book out of my locker since our history professor was pretty strict about the no-book-policy.

The whole period, I imagined what would happen and for some reason I actually felt nervous. Not like being nervous was unusual for me but the fact that it was because of one of the closest person I know, well thats not right.This is Ira we we're talking about, one of my best friends, and I was nervous. I don't know about you but the fact I'm uncomfortable with my own best friend sounds terribly wrong. I sighed, slumping down on my desk while the teacher babbled about how the way of living before with our ancestors used to be so sloppy and messy. Oddly enough the description reminds me of my situation right now. My thoughts are sloppy and I'm a mess.

I internally groaned as the bell rang as class was dismissed. Not exactly looking forward to meet up with her. I gathered all my things, shoving them into my bag 'I'll deal with that later' I thought as I send Shaira a quick message.

To: Shaira

U might b goin home with Josh alone. Im going to have a talk with Ira. Seems important.

I hopped down the stairs as I slipped my phone into my pocket. Not long after, slipping it out once again as I felt it vibrate against my thigh

Fr: Shaira

Josh's with his other dude friends. No way I'm asking him to take me home. Imma go by meself. I'll be fine.

My eyebrows furrowed slightly. Trying to make a quick descision wether or not allow her alone.

To: Shaira

Fine. Stay safe willya? x

Fr: Shaira

Course I will:) x

I slipped my phone into my pocket once again, slightly regretting the the fact I let her go alone. I looked up and saw that I was only a few steps away from the meeting place. I quickened my pace so the supervisors wont spot me because this certain area isn't exactly open to public. "Oh thank God you came. I thought you were gunna bail on me" I heard a familliar voice say, relief laced her voice "M'too nice" I said jokingly "Now what is this about?" I asked feigning concern "Well..." she trailed off "Well...?" I pushed, deliberately hinting my voice with impatience "Okay... For starters do you like... like... like Josh?" she asked emphasizing 'like'.

Knew this was about him

"What's there not to like" I said refusing to give her a direct answer "So its a yes" she confirmed "I never said it was a yes" I replied.