Chapter One

"Is your arm better?" Shaira sked warily checking my badly bruised arm "It looks horrible" she added in "Why jeez. Thank you." I said, sarcasm dripping my voice "You're welcome." she replied grinning widely "But seriously. It looks badly beaten." she said concerned poking my elbow making me wince "Sorry." she muttered before standing up from her crouched position "I better get going before Mr. Williamson gets suspicious." she said waving the bathroom pass in my face "Poopaye." I said grinning "Poopaye." she echoed back before going off.

"I'm sorry." I heard him breathe out beside me "Its fine, Josh" I said moving the ice a bit to numb out the rest of my arm "I was trying to impress you and Shaira." he added "But that was really stupid of me, skating down a hill I mean" he apologized. I loved this side of him. Actually serious and reasonable "Its really fine... hey isn't your professor going to be suspicious?" I asked "Nah, Professor Dickens' always asleep" he said grinning. His eyes trailed down to my lips and I shifted uncomfortably at his gaze. Before I know it he leaned forward slightly like he were to kiss me. My eyes widened in surprise but I didn't move because as much as I didn't want to admit it, I wanted this "Sweetie. Come get your sling then your free to go." the nurse interrupted making him withraw, shaking his head as if to clear his thoughts "I'm just going to... leave." he said awkwardly shuffling out the clinic

Josh's P.O.V.

Ah shit. shit. shit.

That was way too close. I can't get to obvious. I need to be more alert.

I slowly shuffled to my class. Thoughts of Kristine clouding my mind "Josh" I heard a voice hiss. I turned around, pretty sure my face screamed unfocused "Hey. What the hell has gotten into you?" she asked. I focused slightly, seeing it was Ira "What happened?" she asked excited, eyes wide.

I huffed a breath out "I don't want to talk about it" I grumbled "What happened?" she commanded, the excitement still there "I said I don't want to talk about it" I groaned very much annoyed "C'mon. If you want me to help then tell me" she pushed "I almost kissed her okay?!" I hissed out, my hands gripping my hair tugging slightly. Ira let out a not-so-quiet squeal "I'm going back to class" I huffed out as I started to walk away "You have to tell me! Why almost? Why didn't you continue? Did something-" "She wouldn't want me to" I interrupted "What are you talking about? She's madly in lo-" "I won't believe it till I see it" I said sternly before continuing down the hall. I heard her sigh and am honestly greatful when I heard her foot steps fade quieter.

She doesn't love you. Don't get your hopes up.

I sighed quietly burying my hands in my pockets continuing down the hallway.