Chapter 1: 'The Three' (RW)

~One month after the Prologue~

My eyes narrowed and my lips quirked down in a scowl as I caught sight of the two girls standing in front of my locker. With each step I took closer, the weight of the world seemed to push down on me, getting heavier. To anyone else, I might've looked relaxed, possibly even slightly graceful, but I felt tense.

Inhale. Exhale.

My eyes narrowed on their own as I vaguely recognized the girls. They were the kind of people everyone went to for the latest gossip. No matter who their target was, they could dig up almost everything, all the 'good stuff'.

I'm pretty sure their means of finding out are less than legal.

With all that information there was bound to be blackmailing to find out more info. They knew things about everyone. I was one of the only exceptions.

After all, what could they found out about a girl whose face they've never seen, her voice scarcely heard, and her name never said aloud. I could be anybody and nobody at the same time.

"Did you-" I was suddenly close enough to hear their chatter, and with the two voices running miles a second over each other at the same time, their conversation was disorganized. I didn't bother trying to decipher what the hell they were saying.

"I-"

"The Three-"

"I can't believe-"

"So hot-"

"I missed-"

"They're back!"

When I was standing right in front of them, I cleared my throat, making them pause their conversation for only a split-second. The girls continued their conversation as if they couldn't see me.

My nostrils flared and my hands were itching to clench into fists. I didn't realize you were blind and deaf. How freaking unfortunate, I thought sarcastically.

Next thing I knew, my arms were already shoving them out of the way. "Oops."

They didn't reply, they each shot me a glare before walking away. I could faintly hear one of them say 'bitch' as they disappeared from sight.

I rolled my eyes. I said oops.

Quickly unlocking my locker, I shoved my bag inside and grabbed my books. I slammed my locker shut, making a few people loitering around in the hallways jump. I ignored the glares targeted to my direction and strolled to class.

At my arrival, the teacher looked up and gave me a tentative smile as if he was worried I'd blow up. I let my lips twitch into a small smile that probably looked more like a smirk. It's such a pain trying to act friendly.