Chapter 9

"You nervous?" I asked. She sat with her hands in her lap and kicked her feet. You could see sweat on her face.

"Yeah, little bit." She responded, shaking her head.

"I can tell. You're a little bit sweaty. I just can't believe that you're pregnant! I'm so excited! I can't wait to have a little one around the house."

"Me too, I just don't know how I'm gonna tell Ashley if I am..." she wiped the sweat from her forehead.

"Don't worry. He's gonna be ecstatic. He really loves you, Bristol. So do I. Andy and I are ALWAYS here if you need help." I assured her as I placed my hand on hers. She smiled and looked up as the doctor came in the door.

"Alright sweetie, we have your results." The nurse grinned.

"You are in fact pregnant, but you're pretty far a long." She glanced at her.

"How long?" We asked in unison.

"Well...about 3 and 1/2 months. It's long enough to tell you this..." She paused.

"Tell me what...?" Bristol cocked an eyebrow.

"Tell you that you're pregnant with twins."

"TWINS!" Her mouth dropped.

"Yes ma'am. You're expecting twins."

"HOW AM I STILL NOT SHOWING?" She asked, genuinely concerned.

"You said this was your first pregnancy?" The nurse asked. Bristol nodded.

"Some women's bodies don't adapt to being pregnant as quickly, and especially with it being their first pregnancy they don't show as soon. They may be 6 months along before their bellies poke out even a little bit. Heck, I've seen some women go the complete 9 months and not show a single bit." The nurse explained.

"Well, now that we know that she's for sure gonna be a mommy, we better go tell daddy." I said as I stood up. We shook hands with the doctor and left the hospital. Bristol didn't say a word the entire ride home.

**

"Are you ready to tell the guys?" I asked as I pulled into the driveway.

"Santanna, I can't do this. I'm pregnant with twins!"

"Bristol I'll help you. It's ok. It's not like you cheated on him. You're pregnant with his kids. He should be happy." I told her as I shut off the engine. She smiled and climbed out of the car.

"Ok, I know Andy's still here since I had our car keys, but we took y'alls car. We'll just set them down and tell them together."

"Let's go. I'm ready now." She said, taking a deep breath in.

**

"ASHLEY! ANDY! GET YOUR ASSES DOWN HERE!" I yelled as we walked in the house.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT?" Ashley yelled back down the stairs at me.

"DO YOU WANT ME TO COME UP THERE? Y'ALL BETTER COME HERE! WE GOTTA TELL Y'ALL SOMETHING!"

"COMING!" Andy piped in.

"Come on Ashley." I heard Andy tell Ashley as they walked down the stairs.

"What?" They asked as they came into the living room.

"Y'all might want to sit down for this." Bristol said, motioning them to the couch.

"What are y'all gonna tell us, one of y'alls pregnant?" Ashley said, being a smartass. Bristol looked at me and we both smiled.

"HOLY FUCK, WHICH ONE!" Andy shouted. Bristol shyly raised her hand.

"OH MY GOD I'M GONNA BE A DAD!" Ashley yelled as he picked Bristol up and spun her around.

"Hello? What am I, chopped liver?" I laughed as Andy put his arm around my waist and pulled me close, kissing the top of my head.

"I love you too, you're grown though." Ashley smiled at me, Bristol still in his arms.

"Ok, ok, put me down Ashley." She laughed.

"Alright sweetie, we better get going. Ronnie's coming over today. I think he's bringing your friend Natalie." Andy told me.

"Oh, alright. Hey Ashley, y'all wanna come too? I know you're friends with Ronnie, and Bristol knows Natalie."

"Yeah sure, we'll come. I'm sure you girls can talk about her pregnancy or whatever." Ashley responded.

"Haha yeah." Bristol laughed in agreement.

"Alright, I mean...we should REALLY get going. They're supposed to be there at like 5 and it's 4:30 now."

"Oh wow. Ok. Let's go."

"We'll follow y'all." Ashley said as we walked out the door.

**

"So are you excited for Bristol?" Andy asked as we were driving home.

"I'm extremely excited. I can't wait to have a baby around. I can't wait to have a niece or nephew. Or both."

"Both?"

"Fuck. We forgot to tell y'all...she's having twins."

"Holy cow. Twins? That's crazy! How far along is she?"

"She's like 3 1/2 months along. She's pretty far."

"Wow." About that time, we pulled into our driveway and saw Ronnie and Natalie in our driveway.

"Y'all are early. Let's just go inside." Andy smiled and walked in the door.