Chapter 5

"So Anxious pt. 2"

🎷JAZZ FESTIVAL🎷

We we pulled up to the Festival, I stepped out my car handed the vale my keys and grabbed Kandice's hand. She was smiling because she loved the sound of the music and the smell of the food. Her and Myles loved jazz so much because of their dad. From the stories I've heard bout him he was a cool dude. He grew up in New Orleans, was in the military and always had them listening to the music from there.
I never met him but, he died in Iraq when Myles was 15 and Kandice 13.

Kandice- Oh Chres. I love this.

Roc- come on I want some Red rice. (Pulls her in line)

Kandice- you just ate. (Laughs)

Roc- And I can eat again.

Roc- you talking bout me, when you eating elephant ears. (Laughs)

Kandice- here. (Feeds him some)

Roc- (licks his lips) that's bussing. (Licks his fingers)

Kandice- eww, (laughs)

Roc- (uses some germ-x) Wanna dance? (Holds his hand out)

Kandice- sure. I like this song. (Takes his hand)

She took my hand and I led her out in the crowd. She put her arms around my neck and I slow danced with her. It felt like we were the only ones out here.

After the next couple songs, she had her head on my shoulder. I felt my shoulder get wet.

Roc- You ok Kandi?

Kandice- yea. This song just reminds me of my dad.

Roc- (wipes her eyes) it's ok Kandice, we can stop dancing if you want to.

Kandice- no. Don't let me go Roc.

Yes. She finally said it. 😏

Kandice- what you smiling for? (Laughs)

Roc- you finally said Roc.

Kandice- wow.

🌚Roc's Place🌚

Ok so It's about 12 and we were at the festival all night you know just Chillin'. Kandice had to many drinks so I decided to bring her here till she at least clammed down a little.

I helped her up the porch steps as I searched for my keys. She was singing How many drinks? Leaning on me. After i unlocked the door I helped her get in the house and she was kissing all over me. She's hella drunk. We both fell onto the couch.

Kandice - (laughing)

Roc- Kandi get up.

Kandice- I don't want to. (Kisses him)

Roc- Your drunk.

Kandice- so what. (Plays with his curls)

Roc- (picks her up)

Kandice- Yeaaa (laughing)

I took her upstairs and threw her on the bed. I went in the bathroom,closed and locked the door. I jerked my phone out my pocket and dialed Craig's number.

Craig- Hello! (Yelling)

Roc- Craig!

Prod- Sup Roc!?

Roc- Why you yelling?! (Whispering)

Prod- I'm at This new club.

Roc- get somewhere quiet so you can here me.

Prod- ok what?

I quickly told him the whole situation. Hoping he would help me out.

Prod- so she's drunk? And she wants you right, now?

Roc- yea.

Prod- well if its the only way you getting some, then go ahead.

Roc- (laughs) you serious?

Prod- I'm dead ass.

Roc- I called you for help and you thinking like Ray and them.

Kandice- Baby what's taking you so long?!

Prod- Well you handle yo business (hangs up)

Roc- Prod? Prod!? Damn (puts his phone down)

I grabbed my tooth brush and brushed my teeth and hopped in the shower real quick. after i got out i wrapped the towel around me and put my degree on. I guess i'm anxious because its been forever since I had some. I guess I'm bout to get it.

😁😁😁😄