Chapter 22 | Fight of our lives

Start from the beginning

Dolph had been gaining the upper hand until Seth grabbed him by the legs, causing Dolph to face plant onto the mat. Dolph's momentum was draining and it was draining exceptionally fast. A strange feeling formed within me, a feeling of bravery, a feeling of adrenaline almost. I couldn't just stand on the apron praying to God that Dolph would win this on his own.

"Tag me." I threw my hand out in front of me as Dolph crawled toward our corner. He didn't reply and just shook his head.

"Tag me Dolph. TAG ME." I was becoming frustrated, it was almost as if Dolph didn't want me to get into the ring. Anger was consuming me as Dolph continued to leaning onto the turnbuckles in our corner, staring up at me with a smile on his face.

My frustrations eventually took over and I proceeded to slap my hand against Dolph's chest, the referee signalling the tag was made. I moved under the ropes and stood in front of Seth, ushering Dolph to leave the ring. Seth and his fellow Shield members began to laugh at my actions, it became clear that they weren't expecting me to do anything. I no longer had the safety net of being Stephanie and Hunter's daughter seeing as how our bond was now broken and they undoubtedly hate me with a burning passion. 

Seth slowly but surely began to stalk towards me, a sickening grin appearing on his lips. This had been amusing to him - possibly the highlight of his day at this rate. The left corner of my lips tugged upward as  I leaned against the ropes waiting for Rollins to come closer. Seth then ran at me with open arms as if he was going to make a grab at me. Thoughts racing through my head and adrenaline blinding me, I maneuvered my way around him which had forced him to fall straight into the ropes. A chuckle escaped my lips as I could see the rage building up within Seth. He turned back around to face me and began to run at me once again. He was going to hit me with a high knee, I had seen this tactic when he was in ring with Dolph. I caught his foot, spinning him back around then running toward the ropes. I hit off them whilst Seth stood dazed in the middle of the ring, giving me a somewhat good opportunity to execute a huricanrana. Seth was now lying on the mat clutching on to various areas of his body. Whilst planning my next move I became distracted by Dolph who was literally screaming at me to tag him back in.

"What the hell are you doing Alix? Tag me back in for God's sake!" Dolph yelled, his lips twitching into a scowl as I shook my head violently.

I felt a pair of arms grip onto my waist, hoisting me up into the air. Seth had tagged Roman in and I could tell he was trying to get me into The Shield's corner. I had learned from other Superstars that once The Shield have you in their corner, it's the end of the match for you and possibly your career at extreme rates. Unfortunately due to the height and weight advantage all three members of The Shield had compared to me, I could tell I would be done for and that it would be an easy task for either one of them to get me in their corner.  I flailed around, sending numerous punches and forearms to Roman's chest and head. I would not be taken down so easily especially by three narcissistic hounds. I used Roman's grip as an advantage to get up onto his shoulders, I let out a scream before executing a frankensteiner. In my case, it didn't really do much as Roman proceeded to swiftly get back up onto his feet, I crawled back toward the corner where Dolph was still limping on the apron. My hand extended signalling to Dolph that I was reaching for a tag however he shook his head. I shrugged, my expression becoming blank as I turned my attention back to Roman who had now tagged Dean in. 

I shakily attempted to get back onto my feet however before I could come anywhere close to doing so, I felt a boot on my back, knocking me back down onto the mat. I lifted my head slowly, turning it to look up at Dean who was now standing there with a disgusting sense of pride.

"You're not getting to play the hero for little Ziggler over there this time Alix." Dean spoke in between dark chuckles whilst repeatedly slamming his boot into my back.

"Who said I was playing the hero for him? I'm playing the hero to save this entire company from yourself and the rest of The Authority." Panting, I spoke with determination. No way in hell would I allow such a dark force to ruin the career's of everyone else in WWE.

Just as I was recovering from the multiple stomps I was lifted up and slammed back down onto the mat. I clutched multiple areas of my body as pain shot through me. My ears pricked up and I could hear all three Shield members laughing to themselves. Out of the corner of my eye I could see a sly smirk appearing across Dolph's lips however when I turned my head in his direction, his lips became a firm straight line. Confusion ran through my mind but I shook it off and continued to crawl toward Dolph who was now holding his hand out so I could make the tag. I gathered all of my energy and pushed up off of my hands, launching myself toward our corner. I stretched out my hand in order to make the tag but the sense of relief soon turned into a sense of despair.

Dolph had jumped off of the apron.