Chapter 3

Ava’s POV

I woke up the next morning and freaked out.  This isn’t my room! I thought then I sighed in relief when I remembered I was in Cameron’s room.  I smelled smoke and went down the stairs as fast as I could without hurting myself.  I burst out laughing when I saw Cameron holding the fire extinguisher, both him, Cooper and the stove were covered in the white foam from the fire extinguisher.  Cameron saw me and smiled sheepishly at me.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA what happened?” I asked, between giggles.

“I um tried to make breakfast, and it burst into flames.” Cameron said, looking down at the floor, his cheeks a light pink.

“Why are you guys covered in the white foam?” I asked, trying to keep a straight face.  I was not successful.

“Well, somehow, Cooper’s shirt caught on fire so I tried to put that out.” Cameron said, still looking at the floor.

“And he sprayed me for way longer than necessary, so I grabbed the extinguisher and sprayed him.” Cooper said.

“Yeah, because you were still screaming like a little girl!” Cameron said.

“Guys!” I yelled, interrupting their argument.

“Yeah?” Cameron asked

“Go get cleaned up,  I’ll take care of this mess and make breakfast that isn’t burnt or covered in foam.” I said.

“Are you sure? It’s our mess.” Cooper said.

“Yes, go.” I shooed them out of the kitchen and started cleaning up.  After I cleaned up the mess, I looked for ingredients to make breakfast.  I ended up making eggs, bacon and hash browns.

“Something smells amazing!” Cooper said, coming into the kitchen. He reached for the bacon, but I slapped his hand with the spatula. Cooper snatched his hand back  and looked at me in mock sadness.

“Paws off until Cam gets here. Speaking of, where is he?” I asked.

“He’s getting dressed, he’ll be down in a minute.  Can I please just have one tiny piece of bacon? Pretty please?” He said, looking at me with puppy dog eyes I shook my head and he kept begging me until Cam came down a minute later.

“Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please?” Cooper said, bouncing up and down in his chair and annoying the heck out of me.  I was sitting at the table with my hands in my hair, I was seriously contemplating strangling Cooper.

“Cooper, stop being annoying.” Cameron said, smacking Cooper in the back of his head

“THANK YOU!” I cried throwing my hands in the air.  “You guys can eat now.” I said and Cameron got three plates out of the cupboard, I looked over and Cooper was munching on some bacon.

“Hey! Leave some for the rest of us!” I said and grabbed the plate from him, smiling.

“Aww, but it’s so good!” He said, looking sad.  I just shook my head at him, chuckling.  Everyone got their food and started eating.

“This is amazing, Aves! Where did you learn to cook like this?” Cameron said, looking at me.

“My uh mom taught me. Before she, you know, left.” I said, the counter suddenly became really interesting.

“Oh,” Cameron said, looking down.  Cooper was eating, looking anywhere but at me.

“It’s fine, she left five years ago.  I don’t need her, neither does my dad.” I told them.  We finished eating and Audrey texted me.