Chapter 1

I woke up in the morning and I turn around to see rain falling.

I have been asking my mom to let me go up into the mountains, but since my dad died, she treats my sister and I like we're so fragile.

My sister Emma, who is just 2 years older than me says it drives her crazy not being able to do things.

I asked her what she means because as far as I know, WoodCreek is a very small town.

" Elizabeth, you just don't understand." sighed my sister.

Many times I think she's right most of the time because we don't see eye to eye.

"ELIZABETH GET DOWN HERE, BREAKFAST IS READY!" yelled my mom.

"Coming!" I yelled back.

I threw on a t-shirt and

shorts and headed downstairs.

"Girls I have some good news.

"A friend of mine has asked us to come to her summer house." My mom said happily.

I started to choke on my eggs.

"Wow thats great does she have any kids?" my sister asked nonchalantly.

My mom told us that she has 3 kids. A boy that was 16 like me, a boy 18 like my sister, and a daughter that is 24.

"Can we actually do something fun this time?" I asked sarcastically.

"Of course!" My mom said, ignoring my sarcasm.

We packed up mostly summer clothes and light jackets.

The taxi was coming at 11:00am.

While we were packing I got 2 of my journals.

"What do you need those for? Said my sister.

I looked up at her and said " Look I don't just want to sit down on the beach all day I'm actually going to do something interesting, unlike you who will be looking for guys to flirt with." I said forcefully.

"Whatever so what , I like hot guys deal with it. Anyway do you think the boys will be cute?"

I looked at her like she was crazy. I mean what do I care they could be goblins for all I care.

Beep Beep. "Come on girls the taxi is here." Mom called out. I grabbed my phone and my luggage and headed out the door.

______________________________

It took us forever to get there because my sister kept wanting to go to the bathroom.

We all knew she was fixing her makeup, yet my mom still let her go.

"Just so you know your face will always look ugly to me." I whispered to my sister.

"Gee, thanks." My sister said sarcastically.

We got out the taxi, and immediately, my eyes fell upon some dude walking up to us.

I was picking up my backpack then everything fell out.

"Hey let me help you with that." He said I looked up at his face and to think I thought they would look like goblins.

He had beautiful blue eyes, dirty blonde hair, a chiseled jaw, full lips, and a t-shirt that said

"MY IS BIGGER THAN YOUR SWAG"

SWAG MUCH

"So what's your name?" He asked.

"Elizabeth." I answered

"Well hello Elizabeth my name is Josh." He said a little bit too excitedly

"Well Josh are you gonna help me or just stand there?" I asked in a mocking way.

"Oh sorry about that." Josh replied We walked inside the house, yellow paint splashed all over the wall.

Yikes! I guess thats why they call it a summer house.

"Hi, you must be one of Mary's daughters.

We are so happy to have you here.

I see you have met my son, Josh." she offered me a welcoming smile.

I just stared at her I was about to say something but then a boy with dirty blonde hair came down the stairs.

"Hey mom I'm going down to the beach for the bonfire." He said.

"Great! Why don't you take Elizabeth and Emma with you." She said, looking between the both of us.

"Oh Mrs.Green-" "Oh no darling, no, buts you are our guest. Also, call me Alice." she said interrupting me.

I followed them out the house.

When we got to the bonfire I noticed my sister was already there talking to two other girls.

'Man, can she make friends fast.' I thought.

There were a lot of people there; all were teenagers.

"So, are you liking the bonfire?" Josh asked.

"What? Oh right, uh I must have zoned out." I laughed.

I turned my head and saw a cave on my right.

I got out of my seat. When I first got into the cave the walls were covered with beautiful gemstones and holographs.

I picked up a stick that had a lot of gemstones.

"Beautiful isn't it." someone said anonymously.

I was so sacred that I flinched and the stick flew right out of my hand.

"Ow man what the heck was that?'" yelled the voice I turned around and saw Josh.

Then I realized I hit him in a "really bad place.". "Oh..uh...I'm so sorry! It was an accident!." I said panickingly.

"No sweat man calm down I'm good. Just never had a girl throw pretty good." he said smiling.

I blushed when he said that.

"Well we better get going before they send a search party." I said while looking at the ground..